Mailing List Archive

Re: [Cluster-devel] [ha-wg] [Linux-HA] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015
On 26/11/14 12:51 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

>>> That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

>>> I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.
>>
>> I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
>> meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
>> Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
>> other.

>>> Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..
>>
>> Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
>> That's a bit different. ;-)
>>
>> OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
>> fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?
>
> I´d say either a google doc or any random etherpad/wiki instance will do
> just fine.
>
> As for the topics:
> - corosync qdevice and plugins (network, disk, integration with sdb?,
> others?)
> - corosync RRP / libknet integration/replacement
> - fence autodetection/autoconfiguration
>
> For the user facing topics (that is if there are enough participants and
> I only got 1 user confirmation so far):
>
> - demos, cluster 101, tutorials
> - get feedback
> - get feedback
> - get more feedback
>
> Fabio

I'd be happy to do a cluster 101 or similar, if there is interest. Not
sure if that would be particularly appealing to anyone coming to our
meeting, as I think anyone interested is probably well past 101. :)
Anyway, you guys know my background, let me know if there is a topic
you'd like me to cover for the user side of things.

--
Digimer
access to education?