Mailing List Archive

Antw: Two git patchs for resource-agents
Hi!

A few comments:

1) "This agent detects system parameters and put them into HA by crm_attribute,"

Shouldn't "HA" be "CIB"?

2) I'm not very happy with the name "AutoSetting": Only after thinking about the description you realize that the agent will update the nodes's "utilization" (which actually means: the remaining resources (which is the opposite of utilization)).

Wouldn't a name like "DynamicNodeResourceUpdater" be better?

I also think the resource name "cpu" is wrong here (shouldn't it be configurable, anyway?):
uti_cpu=$(crm_attribute -Q -t nodes -U "$host_name" -z -n cpu 2>/dev/null)

Let me also remark that I switched to "decicpus" here due to the lack that utilization cannot deal with fractional numbers. I also reserverd some CPU power to the cluster framework. So 24 logical CPUs became 200 decicpus (20.0 CPUs).

Regards,
Ulrich

Re: Antw: Two git patchs for resource-agents [ In reply to ]
On 2011-07-11 14:47, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A few comments:
>
> 1) "This agent detects system parameters and put them into HA by crm_attribute,"
>
> Shouldn't "HA" be "CIB"?
>
> 2) I'm not very happy with the name "AutoSetting": Only after thinking about the description you realize that the agent will update the nodes's "utilization" (which actually means: the remaining resources (which is the opposite of utilization)).
>
> Wouldn't a name like "DynamicNodeResourceUpdater" be better?

Hahaha. Awesome. Many list subscribers here are known for a well
developed sense of irony, thanks for catering to it!

Florian