Mailing List Archive

VirtualDomain patch for utilization (was Re: Two git patchs for resource-agents)
Hello,

I'm taking the liberty to split this into two separate sub-threads.

> Hi,
>
> 1. Add a functionality that modifies utilization of resource
> automatically, please see fate 310117.
>
> I added 3 ocf parameters:
> - dynamic_utilization, if set, the utilization parameter of resource
> will be reset if there are
> difference between resource parameters and system parameters when agent
> monitor.
> Otherwise, the resource parameters will be set once when agent start.
> - set_utilization_cpu, enable setting cpu of utilization.
> - set_utilization_memory, enable setting memory of utilization.

Thanks for the contribution. As for the patch to VirtualDomain, I
believe it has excellent merit, however I unfortunately have no time
putting this to any proper testing for at least this week and next, so I
would much appreciate if someone could run this patch through some tests
and provide feedback to this list.

Assuming everything works, I'd still ask Andrew to weigh in on this
before we merge this. The patch highlights an important issue for which
we might want a more generic resolution: a resource agent being able to
report "the resource is currently using this much memory, that much CPU,
that much network traffic, that much disk space", etc. Pacemaker could
then use this dynamic information for resource placement, the way it
already does statically.

Cheers,
Florian
Re: VirtualDomain patch for utilization (was Re: Two git patchs for resource-agents) [ In reply to ]