Mailing List Archive

Re: [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th
Hi all,

it turns out that there was zero feedback about people wanting to
present, only some about travel budget being too tight to come. So we
had some discussions about whether to cancel this completely, as this
made planning rather difficult.

But just in the last few days, I got a fair share of e-mails asking if
this still takes place, and who is going to be there. ;-)

So: we have the room. I will be there, and it seems so will at least a
few other people, including Andrew. I suggest we do it in an
"unconference" style and draw up the agenda as we go along; you're
welcome to stop by and discuss HA/clustering topics that are important
to you. It is going to be as successful as we all make it out to be.

We share the venue with LinuxCon Europe: Clarion Congress Hotel ·
Prague, Czech Republic, on Oct 25th.

I suggest we start at 9:30 in the morning and go from there.

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA

Re: [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On 09/27/2011 07:58 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it turns out that there was zero feedback about people wanting to
> present, only some about travel budget being too tight to come. So we
> had some discussions about whether to cancel this completely, as this
> made planning rather difficult.
>
> But just in the last few days, I got a fair share of e-mails asking if
> this still takes place, and who is going to be there. ;-)
>
> So: we have the room. I will be there, and it seems so will at least a
> few other people, including Andrew. I suggest we do it in an
> "unconference" style and draw up the agenda as we go along; you're
> welcome to stop by and discuss HA/clustering topics that are important
> to you. It is going to be as successful as we all make it out to be.
>
> We share the venue with LinuxCon Europe: Clarion Congress Hotel ·
> Prague, Czech Republic, on Oct 25th.
>
> I suggest we start at 9:30 in the morning and go from there.
>

> Regards,
> Lars

Is it possible, if this isn't set in stone, to push back to later in the
day? I don't fly in until the 25th, and I think there is one other
person who wants to attend in the same boat.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com
Re: [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Digimer <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 07:58 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it turns out that there was zero feedback about people wanting to
>> present, only some about travel budget being too tight to come. So we
>> had some discussions about whether to cancel this completely, as this
>> made planning rather difficult.
>>
>> But just in the last few days, I got a fair share of e-mails asking if
>> this still takes place, and who is going to be there. ;-)
>>
>> So: we have the room. I will be there, and it seems so will at least a
>> few other people, including Andrew. I suggest we do it in an
>> "unconference" style and draw up the agenda as we go along; you're
>> welcome to stop by and discuss HA/clustering topics that are important
>> to you.  It is going to be as successful as we all make it out to be.
>>
>> We share the venue with LinuxCon Europe: Clarion Congress Hotel ·
>> Prague, Czech Republic, on Oct 25th.
>>
>> I suggest we start at 9:30 in the morning and go from there.
>>

>> Regards,
>>     Lars
>>

> Is it possible, if this isn't set in stone, to push back to later in the
> day? I don't fly in until the 25th, and I think there is one other
> person who wants to attend in the same boat.

Based on Boston last year, I imagine the conversations will last right
up until Lars starts presenting his talk on Friday afternoon.
People came and went at random, and if someone essential was missing
for a conversation we deferred it until later.

Very informal, but it seemed to work ok.
Re: [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On 2011-10-03T11:10:13, Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> wrote:

> Based on Boston last year, I imagine the conversations will last right
> up until Lars starts presenting his talk on Friday afternoon.
> People came and went at random, and if someone essential was missing
> for a conversation we deferred it until later.

Oh, then we're going to not stop, ever - because I don't have a talk at
the main conference this time ;-)

> Very informal, but it seemed to work ok.

yes, and given that the ha mailing lists are still down, probably the
best we can hope for ...

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA

Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@suse.com> wrote:
> On 2011-10-03T11:10:13, Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> wrote:
>
>> Based on Boston last year, I imagine the conversations will last right
>> up until Lars starts presenting his talk on Friday afternoon.
>> People came and went at random, and if someone essential was missing
>> for a conversation we deferred it until later.
>
> Oh, then we're going to not stop, ever - because I don't have a talk at
> the main conference this time ;-)

The schedule has you in a friday afternoon slot iirc.

>> Very informal, but it seemed to work ok.
>
> yes, and given that the ha mailing lists are still down, probably the
> best we can hope for ...

indeed
Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

I can finally respond to this and do want to take the opportunity to
apologize for my silence-for-obvious-reasons over the past month.

On 2011-10-07 00:05, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@suse.com> wrote:
>> On 2011-10-03T11:10:13, Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Based on Boston last year, I imagine the conversations will last right
>>> up until Lars starts presenting his talk on Friday afternoon.
>>> People came and went at random, and if someone essential was missing
>>> for a conversation we deferred it until later.
>>
>> Oh, then we're going to not stop, ever - because I don't have a talk at
>> the main conference this time ;-)
>
> The schedule has you in a friday afternoon slot iirc.

That one is actually the talk by Madison and yours truly.

Regarding my own plans: when the originally planned miniconf was
canceled, I committed to speaking at Percona Live in London that same
week, so I will be late for Linuxcon and arrive in the late evening of
the 26th. I'm completely open for Boston-style round table sessions all
day on the 27th, and also in the morning and evening of the 28th. Minus
talk prep with Madison, of course. I am also not handing back down to
Vienna before the early afternoon of Saturday the 29th, so if anyone has
plans to do something interesting that Saturday morning I'd be more than
happy to join.

Cheers,
Florian

Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On 10/07/2011 02:58 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
> Vienna before the early afternoon of Saturday the 29th, so if anyone has
> plans to do something interesting that Saturday morning I'd be more than
> happy to join.
>
> Cheers,
> Florian

I'm going to be in the city all day Saturday as well.

Knowing there will be at least a few who will have trouble making the
unofficial meeting on the 26th, perhaps we could have an even more
informal meeting/talk/debrief/waffles on Saturday morning?

Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Digimer <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 02:58 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
>> Vienna before the early afternoon of Saturday the 29th, so if anyone has
>> plans to do something interesting that Saturday morning I'd be more than
>> happy to join.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Florian
>
> I'm going to be in the city all day Saturday as well.
>
> Knowing there will be at least a few who will have trouble making the
> unofficial meeting on the 26th,

The 26th is just the meeting start.

> perhaps we could have an even more
> informal meeting/talk/debrief/waffles on Saturday morning?

I'll be flying to Munich late on Friday afternoon.

Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 11:28:41PM +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Digimer <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
> > On 10/07/2011 02:58 PM, Florian Haas wrote:
> >> Vienna before the early afternoon of Saturday the 29th, so if anyone has
> >> plans to do something interesting that Saturday morning I'd be more than
> >> happy to join.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Florian
> >
> > I'm going to be in the city all day Saturday as well.
> >
> > Knowing there will be at least a few who will have trouble making the
> > unofficial meeting on the 26th,
>
> The 26th is just the meeting start.

It's not 26th, but 25th. It also says so in the subject line.
I'll be in Prague only on 25th.

Thanks,

Dejan

Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
Hi,

2011/10/10 Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@suse.de>:
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 11:28:41PM +1100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>> > I'm going to be in the city all day Saturday as well.
>> >
>> > Knowing there will be at least a few who will have trouble making the
>> > unofficial meeting on the 26th,
>>
>> The 26th is just the meeting start.
>
> It's not 26th, but 25th. It also says so in the subject line.
> I'll be in Prague only on 25th.

I'm trying to settle my schedule being in Prague from 25th to 28th.
See you everybody over there.

Keisuke MORI
Re: [Linux-HA] [ha-wg] CFP: HA Mini-Conference in Prague on Oct 25th [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

Unfortunately, I woke up today with cold, fever, and throat ache,
the full package. So, I have to cancel travel to Prague. Very
sorry that we won't meet.

I wish you a successful conference.

Cheers,

Dejan