Mailing List Archive

Re: X and PS/2 mouse breaks my box
here are a few suggestions:
I have the same video card and SMP DUAL tyan mb
1) fvwm1 is old, I am not sure that it is being worked on still.
Try fvwm 2, or another wm.
2) Redhat has X updates to 6.0, as there was a race condition
between the XFS and XFree, that caused lockups on my machine.
I also have RH6.0 with X3.3.3.1 but have their updates, and no
problems except kernel 2.2.12 mem leaks.
3) the fact that you can log in remotely means the machine is
not frozen just X has froze. A true freeze would probably not
allow you to log in remotely.
just my 2 cents, but it does not sound like a kernel prob, but X
Joe