Mailing List Archive

Mouse input corrupted under X 3.3.3.1 with kernel 2.2.12
I tried to run kernel 2.2.12 on a system with X 3.3.3.1 and the Creative
Banshee server installed. Under 2.2.12, mouse behavior was erratic in that
as I move the mouse left or right, the pointer would move in random
directions. Also, the fvwm2 menus would appear as if a mouse button was
being pressed, when in fact I wasn't pressing anything.
As near as I can tell, this seems to be caused by upgrading to 2.2.12.
When I boot with 2.2.11-ac3 everything works perfectly. I'd really rather
use 2.2.12 so I can apply the ide.2.2.12.patch to gain support for my
Promise Ultra66 controller, and also have the fix for some CD-ROM access
problems.
System config is as follows:
- Tyan 1846s motherboard with PII/400 and 128MB
- 3dfx Banshee with 16MB
- Logitech MouseMan running off ttyS0
- Debian 2.1 / XFree86 3.3.3.1 + Creative Labs Banshee server
- 2.2.12 + ide.2.2.12.patch corrupts mouse input to X
- 2.2.11-ac3 works as expected
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I can try to provide more
information as needed.
Thanks,
Alec
-
Re: Mouse input corrupted under X 3.3.3.1 with kernel 2.2.12 [ In reply to ]
On 15 Sep, Alec Smith wrote:
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I can try to provide more
> information as needed.
This is a know problem.... You have to use X 3.3.5...
Servus,
Daniel
-
Re:Mouse input corrupted under X 3.3.3.1 with kernel 2.2.12 [ In reply to ]
>I tried to run kernel 2.2.12 on a system with X 3.3.3.1 and the
Creative
>Banshee server installed. Under 2.2.12, mouse behavior was
erratic in that
>as I move the mouse left or right, the pointer would move in
random
I reported similar behavior on 2.2.9 to 2.2.11 on my system in
July. Never got a fix. I since have switched to ps/2 mouse, but
for other reasons.
Search the archivees for bezerko mouse (Both linux-SMP and
linux-kernel), as there were others that had this problem.
Try switching to a virtual console when this happens Ctrl-Alt F1
then switch back Ctrl-Alt-F7 and see if it goes away. if it does
there is your fix.
That was the only solution that I got.
Joe