Mailing List Archive

Re: Offtopic: Birthdays
--Zs/RYxT/hKAHzkfQ
On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 10:36:49AM -0400, Michael Cunningham wrote:
> Just thought ya all might want to know,
>=20
> The Internet is 30 years old today!
>=20
> September 2nd is officially the 30th birthday of the Internet, being the =
=20
> day that the first packets were sent between the Sigma 7 mainframe that
> was the first internet node and its Honeywell based IMP (Internet Message
> Processor) at UCLA.
Talking about bithdays: SuSE was born on Sep 2, 1992.
--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> Wuppertal, FRG
PGP2 key: See mail header, key servers Linux kernel development
SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG SCSI drivers: tmscsim(DC390), DC395
--Zs/RYxT/hKAHzkfQ
--Zs/RYxT/hKAHzkfQ--
-
Re: Offtopic: Birthdays [ In reply to ]
Kurt> Talking about bithdays: SuSE was born on Sep 2, 1992.
Maybe it's just me, but how precisely how does this relate to kernel
development? (which is what this list was about last time I checked).
Kurt> --Zs/RYxT/hKAHzkfQ Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Good to be assured that a message about SuSE's birthday came from the
real person and not a fake.
Jes
-