Mailing List Archive

[ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.14-rc3
The third util-linux-ng 2.14 release candidate is available at

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/v2.14/

Feedback and bug reports, as always, are welcomed.

Karel

v2.14-rc3 changelog:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

build-sys:
- add support ionice for Super-H architecture [Karel Zak]
docs:
- we already rewrote the scriptreplay script; remove that TODO entry [James Youngman]
fdisk:
- doesn't recognize the VMware ESX partitions [Karel Zak]
mount:
- remount doesn't care about loop= [Karel Zak]
po:
- update cs.po (from translationproject.org) [Petr Pisar]
- update it.po (from translationproject.org) [Marco Colombo]
- update nl.po (from translationproject.org) [Benno Schulenberg]
- update vi.po (from translationproject.org) [Clytie Siddall]
setarch:
- add fallback for linux/personality [Karel Zak]

--
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>
Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.14-rc3 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 May 2008 13:24:02 +0200 Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> wrote:

> The third util-linux-ng 2.14 release candidate is available at
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/v2.14/
>

> Feedback and bug reports, as always, are welcomed.

I think it would be useful to have a util-linux mention in the kernel's
./MAINTAINERS. We're rather joined-at-the-hip and you guys are a bit
hard to find. If agreeable, please send a patch.

Have you considered adding collectl to util-linux? If so, what was the
outcome?

Thanks.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.14-rc3 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 07:17:04PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Have you considered adding collectl to util-linux? If so, what was the
> outcome?

The util-linux is a very basic system package and I'd like to avoid
dependences on things like Perl.

I don't see a problem to distribute collectl as a separate package.
It seems that Mark is maintaining the package very successfully on
sf.net.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>
Re: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.14-rc3 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 21 May 2008, Karel Zak wrote:

> > Have you considered adding collectl to util-linux? If so, what was the
> > outcome?
>
> The util-linux is a very basic system package and I'd like to avoid
> dependences on things like Perl.

Does collectl require Perl for building? If it has a run-time dependency
only, then it does not really differ from chkdupexe and it is up to
whoever makes a distribution to partition binary packages in a sensible
way.

Maciej