MFD_TN48M_CPLD is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/gpio/Kconfig and drivers/reset/Kconfig.
USB_HSIC_USB3613 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in drivers/staging/greybus/Kconfig and drivers/staging/greybus/arche-platform.c.

If these 7 configuration options are deprecated, it is recommended to remove the dependencies on them in the Kconfig files.
If they are still useful, it is recommended to define them.

Best regards,
Ying Sun
Pengpeng Hou
Yanjie Ren
Re: Multiple undefined configuration options are dependent in Kconfig under the v6.3-rc4 drivers directory [ In reply to ]
On 3/29/23 16:52, ?? wrote:
> It has been discovered that the following configuration options are undefined in the current latest version, v6.3-rc4, yet they are being relied upon by other configuration options in multiple Kconfig files:
>
> MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in multiple files such as drivers/ata/Kconfig, drivers/hwmon/Kconfig, drivers/bus/Kconfig, and drivers/memory/Kconfig.
> MFD_MAX597X is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
> MFD_SM5703 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
> ARCH_THUNDERBAY is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/pinctrl/Kconfig and drivers/phy/intel/Kconfig.
> ARCH_BCM4908 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/leds/blink/Kconfig.
> MFD_TN48M_CPLD is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/gpio/Kconfig and drivers/reset/Kconfig.
> USB_HSIC_USB3613 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in drivers/staging/greybus/Kconfig and drivers/staging/greybus/arche-platform.c.
>
> If these 7 configuration options are deprecated, it is recommended to remove the dependencies on them in the Kconfig files.
> If they are still useful, it is recommended to define them.

+ linux-arm & linux-mips

What about you send patches to fix this ?

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research
Re: Multiple undefined configuration options are dependent in Kconfig under the v6.3-rc4 drivers directory [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 07:34:58AM +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
> On 3/29/23 16:52, ?? wrote:
> > It has been discovered that the following configuration options are undefined in the current latest version, v6.3-rc4, yet they are being relied upon by other configuration options in multiple Kconfig files:
> >
> > MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in multiple files such as drivers/ata/Kconfig, drivers/hwmon/Kconfig, drivers/bus/Kconfig, and drivers/memory/Kconfig.
> > MFD_MAX597X is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
> > MFD_SM5703 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
> > ARCH_THUNDERBAY is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/pinctrl/Kconfig and drivers/phy/intel/Kconfig.
> > ARCH_BCM4908 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/leds/blink/Kconfig.
> > MFD_TN48M_CPLD is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/gpio/Kconfig and drivers/reset/Kconfig.
> > USB_HSIC_USB3613 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in drivers/staging/greybus/Kconfig and drivers/staging/greybus/arche-platform.c.

Please, don't drop the MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 config. It will be defined and
thus utilized after I submit the SoC CSP support to the MIPS arch.

-Serge(y)

Re: Multiple undefined configuration options are dependent in Kconfig under the v6.3-rc4 drivers directory [ In reply to ]
> 2023?4?11? 00:40?Serge Semin <fancer.lancer@gmail.com> ???
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 07:34:58AM +0900, Damien Le Moal wrote:
>> On 3/29/23 16:52, ?? wrote:
>>> It has been discovered that the following configuration options are undefined in the current latest version, v6.3-rc4, yet they are being relied upon by other configuration options in multiple Kconfig files:
>>>
>>> MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in multiple files such as drivers/ata/Kconfig, drivers/hwmon/Kconfig, drivers/bus/Kconfig, and drivers/memory/Kconfig.
>>> MFD_MAX597X is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
>>> MFD_SM5703 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/regulator/Kconfig.
>>> ARCH_THUNDERBAY is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/pinctrl/Kconfig and drivers/phy/intel/Kconfig.
>>> ARCH_BCM4908 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig file drivers/leds/blink/Kconfig.
>>> MFD_TN48M_CPLD is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in Kconfig files drivers/gpio/Kconfig and drivers/reset/Kconfig.
>>> USB_HSIC_USB3613 is undefined, used as a 'depends on' condition in drivers/staging/greybus/Kconfig and drivers/staging/greybus/arche-platform.c.
>
> Please, don't drop the MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 config. It will be defined and
> thus utilized after I submit the SoC CSP support to the MIPS arch.

Hi Serge,

Is there any special support at MIPS arch level required by Baikal T1?

I think MIPS32R5 generic kernel should fit your purpose? You can easily add some “workaround”
under generic kernel framework as well.

Thanks
Jiaxun
Re: Multiple undefined configuration options are dependent in Kconfig under the v6.3-rc4 drivers directory [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 09:18:20AM +0100, Jiaxun Yang wrote:

> > 2023?4?11? 00:40?Serge Semin <fancer.lancer@gmail.com> ???

> > Please, don't drop the MIPS_BAIKAL_T1 config. It will be defined and
> > thus utilized after I submit the SoC CSP support to the MIPS arch.
>

> Hi Serge,
>
> Is there any special support at MIPS arch level required by Baikal T1?
>
> I think MIPS32R5 generic kernel should fit your purpose? You can easily add some “workaround”
> under generic kernel framework as well.

Alas there are multiple configs specific to our chip. So the MIPS
generic sub-module won't workout our needs at the current state. I'll
have a better look at it when time comes (whether it's possible to fix
it up somehow) but meanwhile it's better to retain the MIPS_BAIKAL_T1
config in the drivers.

-Serge(y)