Mailing List Archive

announce: PPSkit-0.8.1 for Linux 2.2.12 (fwd)
Here's a copy of my news article: -- Ulrich
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.time.ntp
Subject: announce: PPSkit-0.8.1 for Linux
--text follows this line--
Hi,
PPSkit-0.8.1 should do for ntp-4.0.98b, but I could not test it (CVS
stopped working for me).
Here are the changes and other important information bits:
NEWS for 0.8.1
+ Updated ``BUGS'' and ``INSTALL''.
+ As I got no majority in the API working group to enforce setting the
``api_version'' to the proper value when using
``time_pps_setparams()'', I enforce it before the kernel is entered.
This will fulfill what the draft says: ``This field is present to
enable binary compatibility with future versions of the API.''
+ Avoid possible overflow situation when interpolating ticks using the
timer chip's register in ``arch/i386/time.c''.
+ Updated ``enable_pps.c'' to fix some bugs when reporting events and
times. Changed format of output to show both sequence numbers.
Added new option '-J' to monitor jitter only when a PPS or clock
error is signalled. Made event detection algorithm more reliable if
both events are monitored.
Begin3
Title: PPSkit
Version: 0.8.1
Entered-date: 1999-10-28
(RFC1589)
against Linux 2.2.12 (kernel patch, documentation, test
programs). Implements nanoseconds as resolution.
Implements
PPS API draft "05" (dated 1999-08-17)