Mailing List Archive

do linux threads support _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT (or _CEILING)?
I have done quite a bit of work on a soft rt application under the
protection of #ifdefs and only when I got bad rt performance did I begin
to suspect that these might not be implemented, and did the test shown
below.
#include <pthread.h>
#include <stdio.h>
main( )
{
#ifdef _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT
printf("_POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT supported\n");
#else
printf("_POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT not supported\n");
#endif
#ifdef _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_CEILING
printf("_POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_CEILING supported\n");
#else
printf("_POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_CEILING not supported\n");
#endif
}
both are supposedly unsupported, which I find very suprising, since my
understanding is that linux threads are esentially processes under the
hood, and it's a simple matter to change the priority of a process. Am I
doing something stupid with the above? I'm sorry if this question is
remedial, but I have asked elsewhere and gotten no response.
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."
Britton Kerin
-