Tel.: (+49) 2431/72651 | Use Debian GNU/Linux!
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De | Use PostgreSQL!
-
Re: 2.3.* behaves differently is compiled on different machines [ In reply to ]
Hello,
On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I have no idea if it really has to do with my hardware but it's hard to
> imagine any other reason. BTW I am using gcc 2.95.2. I could very well
> imagine that this is a gcc related bug.
I'd venture a guess that it's related to the version of binutils that is
installed on the two machines -- could you check with ld --version?
-ben
-
Re: 2.3.* behaves differently is compiled on different machines [ In reply to ]
> > I have no idea if it really has to do with my hardware but it's hard to
> > imagine any other reason. BTW I am using gcc 2.95.2. I could very well
> > imagine that this is a gcc related bug.
To make a long story short I found the problem. For some reasons unknown to
me I had Pentium II listed in one of the config files. Since I have no
Pentium II this makes no sense at all.
And as usual I forgot again that lftp'2 mirror command does not touch file
in the current working dir starting with '.'.
Sorry.
Michael
--
Michael Meskes | Go SF 49ers!
Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go Rhein Fire!