Mailing List Archive

Scoring and QueryParser results
Hi All

Marvin, thanks for the great work to date - I'm almost there :-). I'm using
KS 0.162 and everything's working nicely.

There is however one small problem that I've picked up when using query
parser. Lets say I pass the query

"uranium OR billion +language:(Afrikaans English) +region:(South_Africa
Africa International)" to my script.

The results are correct but as go deeper into the result set (sorted by
relevance) and get to where the score is less than 0.079, I realise that
anything having a result of 0.079 or less is actually an invalid return
(they do not match any query arguments). What could be causing this? Its
strange as anything above 0.079 is actually correctly returned. Any
comments/assistance would be appreciated.

Please note that 0.079 may not be the accurate figure for each query passed
through.

Regards,

Riyaad Miller

dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.
Re: Scoring and QueryParser results [ In reply to ]
On Aug 30, 2008, at 12:46 AM, Riyaad Miller wrote:

> "uranium OR billion +language:(Afrikaans English) +region:
> (South_Africa Africa International)"

> anything having a result of 0.079 or less is actually an invalid
> return (they do not match any query arguments).

I'll bet the "invalid" hits match this:

+language:(Afrikaans English) +region:(South_Africa Africa
International)

Try this in place of your original query string:

+(uranium OR billion) +language:(Afrikaans English) +region:
(South_Africa Africa International)

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/