latest trunk. It's now taking perhaps half the time of the
KinoSearch-0.20_051 cpan release and getting close to speeds I'm used to
seeing with Solr.

Re: optimize broken? [ In reply to ]
On Aug 14, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Mark Holland wrote:

> However, in the latest trunk of KinoSearch, ->finish(optimize => 1)
> no longer seems to work. It returns almost immediately and none of
> the segments are collapsed. The index is searchable but it's pretty
> slow.
>
> The test suite runs successfully. Any ideas?

Sorry, but I've been unable to duplicate the problem so far. I've
now added a test verifying that optimization is working at least under
normal circumstances (commits 3730-3731, affecting t/213-
segment_merging.t). I'll keep looking, but if you can give me any
other hints, I'd appreciate it.

> p.s. I was pleased to see indexing speed significantly improved in
> the latest trunk. It's now taking perhaps half the time of the
> KinoSearch-0.20_051 cpan release and getting close to speeds I'm
> used to seeing with Solr.

Groovy. A lot has happened since 0.20_051.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/