Mailing List Archive

Reducing clear text in Kinosearch index
Hi Marvin

I'm using version KinoSearch-0.162 and wondered if the following is possible? Is there anyway one can reduce or totally eliminate the amount of clear text visible in a Kinosearch index? When looking in the .cfs file, loads of clear text of files indexed are still visible. I know there's way of compressing the index but that would slow things down a bit. Would it be possible to index files and NOT have any clear text visible in the indexes?

Your help's appreciated.

Regards,
Riyaad
Re: Reducing clear text in Kinosearch index [ In reply to ]
On Jul 24, 2008, at 1:20 AM, Riyaad Miller wrote:

> Would it be possible to index files and NOT have any clear text
> visible in the indexes?

No, that's definitely not possible, and such a feature is not
planned. The only encryption worth doing would be serious encryption,
and would be inappropriate to add serious encryption as a core
priority for KS development, competing with other priorities such as
speed and relevance for development resources.

Security concerns should be addressed at a higher layer.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/