Mailing List Archive

Problem during playback with xine
Hi all,

I use a self-built video recorder, that is based on a PVR150 and ivtv.

Recording is done via (excerpt from a perl script):
-------------------------------------
$bitrate=2400000;
$bitratepeak=2600000;

/usr/local/bin/v4l2-ctl -s pal -t bilingual -c video_bitrate=
$bitrate,video_peak_bitrate=$bitratepeak,stream_type=3

/usr/local/bin/ivtv-tune -t europe-west -c $station

cat /dev/video0 > $filename & pid=\$! ; sleep $seconds && killall cat
-------------------------------------

the recorded movies usually work fine. Sometimes I have the problem,
that xine can't seek the movie (jump 60 seconds forward). Playing the
movie with double/triple speed works though.
This does not correlate to the used channel.

My guess is, that killing the recording sometimes leaves a destroyed
index or mpeg header.

- Is there a way to prevent this problem? (a different way of recording,
different options in v4l2-ctl, ...)

- If not, is there a simple way of fixing such movies without losing AV
sync?

regards,
Martin

-------------------------------------
Output from xine --verbose:
load_plugins: plugin /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.28/xineplug_dmx_pva.so
found
video_out_xv: using Xv port 63 from adaptor Radeon Textured Video for
hardware colour space conversion and scaling.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yuy2 format.
video_out_xv: this adaptor supports the yv12 format.
audio_alsa_out : supported modes are 16bit mono stereo (4-channel not
enabled in xine config) (4.1-channel not enabled in xine config)
(5-channel not enabled in xine config) (5.1-channel not enabled in xine
config) (a/52 and DTS pass-through not enabled in xine config)
osd: error loading font sans with ft2
osd: error loading font sans with ft2
osd: error loading font sans with ft2
video_out_xv: VO_PROP_ASPECT_RATIO(0)
gui_xine_open_and_play():
mrl: 'file:/usr/share/xine/skins/xine-ui_logo.mpv',
sub 'NONE',
start_pos 0, start_time 0, av_offset 0, spu_offset 0.
xine: found input plugin : file input plugin
ebml: invalid EBML ID size (0x0) at position 1
ebml: invalid master element
demux_dts: unsupported DTS stream type, or not a DTS stream
xine: found demuxer plugin: Elementary MPEG stream demux plugin
av_offset=0 pts
spu_offset=0 pts
gui_xine_open_and_play():
mrl: 'CSI_Miami.mpg',
sub 'NONE',
start_pos 0, start_time 0, av_offset 0, spu_offset 0.
xine: found input plugin : file input plugin
ebml: invalid master element
xine: found demuxer plugin: MPEG program stream demux plugin
av_offset=0 pts
spu_offset=0 pts
osd: error loading font cetus with ft2