Mailing List Archive

[Fwd: Re: cx18 HVR-1600 Analog Audio Issues]
On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 23:05 -0400, Darren Blaber wrote:
> Andy Walls wrote:

> > Darren,
> >
> > Could you please try the cx18 driver at this repository:
> >
> > http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx18-audio
> >
> > ?
> >
> > In two patches, I've reworked when the audio detection microcontroller's
> > soft and hard resets are asserted.
> >
> > If those two patches don't seem to work, please change
> > linux/drivers/media/video/cx18/cx18-av-core.h
> >
> > #define CXADEC_AUDIO_SOFT_RESET 0x810
> >
> > to be
> >
> > #define CXADEC_AUDIO_SOFT_RESET 0x9cc
> >
> > and then see if the patches work. (I've got some conflicting
> > information on which register is actually the soft reset register.)
> >

> > I haven't tested any of this, as I don't have an analog RF signal handy
> > ATM.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andy
> >

> Hello, I tried your repo, and tried modifying the registers. Default,
> the 0x810 seems to make no difference with the audio. When changing
> the register to point to 0x9cc, the tuner outputs a blank signal,
> completely black.

Well, that shouldn't have happened. My changes only muck with broadcast
audio detection.

I may have some time to start experimenting with my DTV set top box
today (my only RF analog source). It's RF signal is incredibly clean
and strong, so I may not be able to reporduce your problem with audio,
but I should be able to see if I broke anything.

> One thing I noticed is that CXADEC_GENERAL_CTL and
> CXADEC_AUDIO_SOFT_RESET point to the same register. Is this intended?
> Thanks.
> #define CXADEC_GENERAL_CTL 0x810
> #define CXADEC_AUDIO_SOFT_RESET 0x810

Yes. Leave CXADEC_GENERAL_CTL alone. Change CXADEC_AUDIO_SOFT_RESET to
0x9cc if experimenting.

Regards,
Andy