Mailing List Archive

Re: [ivtv-devel] Andy Walls' change of email address
----- "HoP" <jpetrous@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As a consequence of moving myself into the 21st century by obtaining
> > cable internet service, I have a new e-mail address:
> >
> >        awalls md.metrocast.net
> >
> > My radix.net email address will soon cease working.
>
> of course it is not my job, but I wonder why you not
> stay on old email. In 21 century there is no problem
> to move domain to other place or, at least, do
> some type of forwarding :)
>
> My 2 cents
>
> /Honza
>
> PS: The only real reason I can imagine is that radix.com
> is not your own domain and owner of it doesn't allow
> mail forwarding.

Which is, indeed, what one finds by pointing a browser at www.radix.net;
that mailbox belongs to his old ISP, and presumably he doesn't want to keep
paying them for it.

It might be worth your while, though, Andy, as active as you are in the
development community (and thanks again for it) to ask them if they'd forward
that address for a while, for a nominal charge... I used to do it, when I
ran a small dialup ISP...

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100

Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.