I just want to tell everyone thank-you for continuing to work on this, and eventually making it work for people like me! It means a lot. I now just have to figure out how to change the channel.

Thanks for all the hard work!
-Michael

Re: CX18: A Big Thanks! [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 19:10 -0800, Michael wrote:
> I'm not sure if anyone remembers me or not, but about a year and a
> half ago, I had a lot of issues trying to get my Hauppauge HVR1600
> (CX18 chip) to load on my Linux box. Most of the errors had something
> to do with the EEPROM. I remember Andy helping me a lot, sending me
> emails about every day, with a new patch to attempt to correct, or at
> least, diagnose the problem. Unfortunately, life got busy on me, and
> my free time that I once had to try to get this card working vanished.
>
> Yesterday I checked this email account, and saw my Daily Digest of the
> IVTV Mailing List. I figured it couldn't hurt to try again, wondering
> how far this project had gone. After compiling the latest kernel
> (PcLinuxOS lags behind on this in the repo's, and makeconfig always
> gives warnings about certain features not being available on this
> kernel version), I compiled and installed the driver.
>
> I ran a simple "mplayer -cache 8192 /dev/video0", and here was the
> result:
> http://localhostr.com/files/79a4da/snapshot4.png
>
> I just want to tell everyone thank-you for continuing to work on this,
> and eventually making it work for people like me! It means a lot. I
> now just have to figure out how to change the channel.
>
> Thanks for all the hard work!
> -Michael

Michael,

Thank you! :) and you're welcome.

And thank you for putting up with my level of frustration early on in
trying to get things working.

Regards,
Andy

Re: CX18: A Big Thanks! [ In reply to ]
Am Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:10:58 -0800 (PST)
schrieb Michael <msd4824@yahoo.com>:

Hi, just in case you are still searching for something to watch and
record TV you might want to try TV-Viewer

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tv-viewer/

Regards