I've been unable to capture anything but static from either of my
PVR-150s on kernels 2.6.30 and 2.6.31. Dmesg reports no errors to
indicate what the problem is. The svideo and composite inputs both
work, so its a problem with the tuner. I booted back into my old 2.6.27
install, and both cards are perfectly functional. I looked through the
kernel configs on both installs, and cannot find any significant
differences in the multimedia section. Is there anything else I should
look for?

Re: 2.6.30+ kernel results in static on PVR-150 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 03:37 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> I've been unable to capture anything but static from either of my
> PVR-150s on kernels 2.6.30 and 2.6.31. Dmesg reports no errors to
> indicate what the problem is. The svideo and composite inputs both
> work, so its a problem with the tuner. I booted back into my old 2.6.27
> install, and both cards are perfectly functional. I looked through the
> kernel configs on both installs, and cannot find any significant
> differences in the multimedia section. Is there anything else I should
> look for?

Please provide the dmesg output relevant to ivtv intialization.

You may also want to add these to /etc/modprobe.conf

# ivtv warning (1) + info (2) + ioctl (8) + file (16) + i2c (512)
options ivtv debug=539
options cx25840 debug=1
options tuner-simple debug=7
options tuner debug=7

so that lots of debugging is turned on for these modules when they are
loaded.

I've got to find the time to upgrade one of my systems to a modern
version of Fedora with a .31 or .30 kernel to check things myself. I
might be able to do that this coming weekend.

Regards,
Andy