Mailing List Archive

PVR-150. Can't exploit full field mode to capture with VBI visible. Help?
I can't capture full field NTSC 864x526 resolution from /dev/video32. In cx25840-core.c I changed hactive to 864, and vactive to 526; and I changed all 720 and 480 instances to 864 and 526, in the ivtv kernel-driver folder. Always get corrupt green pixels; or rolling screen in addition to that. I'm using 'mplayer -nosound -nocache -framedrop -rawvideo format=hm12:h=526:w=864:fps=29.97 -demuxer 26 -vo sdl /dev/video32'.

This is necessary for some arcade game laserdiscs that have their own VBI encoding, so I can overlay the extended region with a custom matte and decode the VBI. It's not the same as movies or other common data stored in the VBI region. And there's some other data in other sources that isn't reverse engineered. There's also some non-standard analog sources that extend some video regions beyond the norm.

I've been using cx25840ctl to try and resolve this issue, but It doesn't change the problem; tried it with normal PVR-150 ivtv driver too.

Bob