ABI a rebuild of the ivtv Xorg driver was needed, but has failed.
The new Xorg-server 1.13 is scheduled to be out by the end a August IIRC.

Here is a build.log (might disappear at a later time).
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=343331
The target is Fedora 18

Thx for your help.

Nicolas (kwizart)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kwizart

Re: Xorg ivtv driver FTBFS with xorg-server >= 1.13 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:30 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the fedora package maintainer of the xorg-x11-drv-ivtv driver.
> I would like to bring to your attention that given the new Xorg-server
> ABI a rebuild of the ivtv Xorg driver was needed, but has failed.

I've got the source git trees for

xorg/xserver
xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy
xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver xorg/xserver
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy

so in the history of those drivers I can see the nature of the changes
that probably need to be made to xf86-video-ivtv.

I could work up a patch, but won't have time to compile or test.

However, I can't find the source RPM for xorg-x11-drv-ivtv-1.1.2-10.fc18
which the build report reports as the failed package. Can you point me
to it?

I can find the SRPM for xorg-x11-drv-ivtv-1.1.2-9.fc18:
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/x/xorg-x11-drv-ivtv-1.1.2-9.fc18.src.rpm

> The new Xorg-server 1.13 is scheduled to be out by the end a August IIRC.
>

> Here is a build.log (might disappear at a later time).
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=343331
> The target is Fedora 18

BTW, the trunk source code can be checked out from here:

$ svn co http://ivtvdriver.org/svn/xf86-video-ivtv/trunk xf86-video-ivtv/trunk

If you want to submit a patch.

Regards,
Andy

Re: Xorg ivtv driver FTBFS with xorg-server >= 1.13 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:39:03 -0400
Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:30 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm the fedora package maintainer of the xorg-x11-drv-ivtv driver.
> > I would like to bring to your attention that given the new
> > Xorg-server ABI a rebuild of the ivtv Xorg driver was needed, but
> > has failed.
>
> I've got the source git trees for
>
> xorg/xserver
> xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy
> xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev
>
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver xorg/xserver
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev
> xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev git clone
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy
> xorg/driver/xf86-video-dummy
>
> so in the history of those drivers I can see the nature of the changes
> that probably need to be made to xf86-video-ivtv.
>
> I could work up a patch, but won't have time to compile or test.

I now have a patch for this which I'm currently testing with different
server versions. I suspect there have been other minor changes prior to
the 1.13 release, since I've already fixed an issue with my current 1.12
install where the driver will build, but not run.

--
Ian

Re: Xorg ivtv driver FTBFS with xorg-server >= 1.13 [ In reply to ]
Nick,

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 14:00 +0100, Ian Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:39:03 -0400
> Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:30 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm the fedora package maintainer of the xorg-x11-drv-ivtv driver.
> > > I would like to bring to your attention that given the new
> > > Xorg-server ABI a rebuild of the ivtv Xorg driver was needed, but
> > > has failed.
> >

> I now have a patch for this which I'm currently testing with different
> server versions. I suspect there have been other minor changes prior to
> the 1.13 release, since I've already fixed an issue with my current 1.12
> install where the driver will build, but not run.

I have committed Ian's patch to the trunk of the SVN repo at
ivtvdriver.org:

$ svn co http://ivtvdriver.org/svn/xf86-video-ivtv/trunk xf86-video-ivtv/trunk

I have not tested Ian's patch, but I don't want to be a bottleneck
sitting on it. Please test and report back.

BTW, I am not averse to having the SVN repo converted to git and hosted
at freedesktop.org (where it may get little more love when the X ABI or
API changes). I just haven't had the time to even do that. :(

Regards,
Andy

Re: Xorg ivtv driver FTBFS with xorg-server >= 1.13 [ In reply to ]
2012/8/4 Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net>:
> Nick,
>
> On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 14:00 +0100, Ian Armstrong wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:39:03 -0400
>> Andy Walls <awalls@md.metrocast.net> wrote:

>> I now have a patch for this which I'm currently testing with different
>> server versions. I suspect there have been other minor changes prior to
>> the 1.13 release, since I've already fixed an issue with my current 1.12
>> install where the driver will build, but not run.
>

> I have committed Ian's patch to the trunk of the SVN repo at
> ivtvdriver.org:
>
> $ svn co http://ivtvdriver.org/svn/xf86-video-ivtv/trunk xf86-video-ivtv/trunk
>
> I have not tested Ian's patch, but I don't want to be a bottleneck
> sitting on it. Please test and report back.
>
> BTW, I am not averse to having the SVN repo converted to git and hosted
> at freedesktop.org (where it may get little more love when the X ABI or
> API changes). I just haven't had the time to even do that. :(

Hi Andy;

The build has succeeded for f18, thx to the Ian patch:
It will hit the repo in a day or two.

I've also made a scratch build for f17:
(it will not be made into the repo for now).
I will update an official build when the 1.2.0 final will be tagged.

FYI I haven't made runtime test yet, specially as I don't have the
hardware anymore.

About freedesktop git, you could submit a request using their bugzilla:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=freedesktop.org

Thx for your help.

Nicolas (kwizart)