example, I'd like to add two IPs 10.10.10.1 and
10.10.10.2 to the same rule.

http://tv.yahoo.com/
Re: How to combine a few addresses? [ In reply to ]
Vitaly wrote:
> How I can combine a few addresses in one rule? For
> example, I'd like to add two IPs 10.10.10.1 and
> 10.10.10.2 to the same rule.

Either use ipset (needs a patched kernel), or iprange (if the addresses
are consecutive) or use a subchain, e.g:

-A -s 10.10.10.1 -j CUSTOM
-A -s 10.10.10.2 -j CUSTOM
-N CUSTOM
-A CUSTOM <rest of rule>

HTH,
M4
Re: How to combine a few addresses? [ In reply to ]
--- Martijn Lievaart <m@rtij.nl> wrote:

> Vitaly wrote:
> > How I can combine a few addresses in one rule? For
> > example, I'd like to add two IPs 10.10.10.1 and
> > 10.10.10.2 to the same rule.
> >

> Either use ipset (needs a patched kernel), or
> iprange (if the addresses
> are consecutive) or use a subchain, e.g:
>
> -A -s 10.10.10.1 -j CUSTOM
> -A -s 10.10.10.2 -j CUSTOM
> -N CUSTOM
> -A CUSTOM <rest of rule>

Thank you!
Subchains seem to be OK for my needs. But will
subchains work in case when I need to *exclude* some
IPs?

For example, can I add 10.10.10.2 to this rule using
subchain?

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 ! -s 10.10.10.1
-m state --state NEW -m recent --set

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
Re: How to combine a few addresses? [ In reply to ]
Vitaly wrote:
> --- Martijn Lievaart <m@rtij.nl> wrote:
>

>> Vitaly wrote:
>>
>>> How I can combine a few addresses in one rule? For
>>> example, I'd like to add two IPs 10.10.10.1 and
>>> 10.10.10.2 to the same rule.
>>>

>> Either use ipset (needs a patched kernel), or
>> iprange (if the addresses
>> are consecutive) or use a subchain, e.g:
>>
>> -A -s 10.10.10.1 -j CUSTOM
>> -A -s 10.10.10.2 -j CUSTOM
>> -N CUSTOM
>> -A CUSTOM <rest of rule>
>>

> Thank you!
> Subchains seem to be OK for my needs. But will
> subchains work in case when I need to *exclude* some
> IPs?
>
> For example, can I add 10.10.10.2 to this rule using
> subchain?
>
> iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 ! -s 10.10.10.1
> -m state --state NEW -m recent --set

Yes.

-I INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j CUSTOM
-A CUSTOM -s 10.10.10.1 -j RETURN
-A CUSTOM -s 10.10.10.2 -j RETURN
-A CUSTOM -m state --state NEW -m recent --set

HTH,
M4