Mailing List Archive

broadcasting over ipsec vpn..?
Hello everybody,

i need to know the possibilities of iptables for the following setup..

My gateway security device has three interfaces

Device-1
--------
eth0 - WAN - (192.168.1.10)
eth1 - LAN - (192.168.50.1)
eth2 - DMZ - (10.10.10.1)

and i am making a ipsec VPN connection with another device Device-2,

Device-2
--------
eth0 - WAN - (192.168.1.15)
eth1 - LAN - (192.168.60.1)
eth2 - DMZ - (10.10.20.1)

VPN connection gets established successfully,

here my requirement is regarding broadcast messages to remote subnet over vpn.

i have one broadcast server in Device-1 and it is binded with
192.168.50.1 interface and broadcasting to 255.255.255.255,

the 192.168.50.0/24 subnet can able to receive the broadcast messages,

is it possible to communicate the same broadcast message to the remote
subnet(192.168.60.0/24) via ipsec tunnel ...?

with regards,

Sathish Kumar.R