Mailing List Archive

New rust_link CGI program
Interchangers,

(Reposting the news item on the Interchange website:)

For anyone wanting to try an alternative to the classic compiled vlink and
tlink CGI programs written in C, I made available my equivalent new Rust
version called rust_link.

It is functionally almost identical to the other implementations, but has
Rust’s strong memory-safety guarantees and nice modern language features
for the developer. And was a fun little project!

The other link programs are fine, so no need to change them if they’re
working for you. But in any case you may enjoy reading my blog post about
rust_link, which details the Interchange link protocol and explains what
the link programs do:

https://www.endpointdev.com/blog/2023/03/interchange-rust_link/

FWIW,
Jon