when in the cgi-bin directory attempting to run ./cart.cgi resulted in
the following error:
/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

The following 2 commands resolved the problem:

yum install glibc-common glibc (mutual dependency)
yum install glibc.i686 (the missing version)

TIA

David

Re: Interchange 5.10 under CentOS7 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021, Davideth@whojamadoogle wrote:

> Is anyone currently using IC 5.10 under CentOS7 and are there any
> significant issues / compatibility problems?

Hi, David. Yes, we have been using Interchange on a lot of CentOS 7
servers for years.

> I found 1 issue so far in that it needed to install legacy ( i686 )
> version of glibc
>
> when in the cgi-bin directory attempting to run ./cart.cgi resulted in the
> following error:
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> The following 2 commands resolved the problem:
>
> yum install glibc-common glibc (mutual dependency)
> yum install glibc.i686 (the missing version)

Interchange doesn't need that glibc.i686 for its link program if you
build it natively on CentOS 7 x86_64.

I am guessing that you copied over your cart.cgi from an older server,
right? That's fine, though I would prefer to not have any 32-bit libraries
on the system unless really needed.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen