Mailing List Archive

Fresh install of 5.10 failing on Safe
Hi Gang,

It's been a long while since I've messed with IC, but I need to create a new catalog on another server.

The server is running CentOS 6, with all recent updates. I successfully installed IC, and created a catalog. However whenever I try to use the menu editor in the admin page, I get this in the httpd error_log:

1.1.1.1 7rB4SGom:1.1.1.1 - [09/November/2019:13:38:41 -0500] sahlen /cgi-bin/sahlen/admin/menu_editor Safe: 'require' trapped by operation mask at /usr/lib64/perl5/Encode.pm line 5.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib64/perl5/Encode/Alias.pm line 22.
>

> my $menupath = $Variable->{MV_MENU_DIRECTORY} || 'include/menus';
> @menufields = qw/
> code mgroup msort next_line indicator exclude_on depends_on page
> form name super inactive description help_name img_dn img_up
> img_sel img_icon url member
> /;
>
> $Tag->tmp('qmenu_fdata');
> $Tag->tmp('qmenu_data');

Also, I seem to have no Content Editor in the list of sections in the admin section. What am I missing?

I also tried to do the same thing on a box that had been running IC5.8, and got the same thing.

Bob

Re: Fresh install of 5.10 failing on Safe [ In reply to ]
Hi Bob,

What Perl version?

David
Re: Fresh install of 5.10 failing on Safe [ In reply to ]
> What Perl version?

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. It is 5.10.1.

Bob
Re: Fresh install of 5.10 failing on Safe [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Bob Puff wrote:

>> What Perl version?
>
> It is 5.10.1.

Bob,

I would recommend using the latest Interchange from Git, as most of the
developers do. That will also require Perl 5.14.1 or newer, which has much
better Unicode and Safe support, relevant to your problem.

Interchange 5.10 and Perl 5.10.1 are both pretty old now.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation