Why is there an extra closing tag bracket?

Thanks!

DB

Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:36 AM, DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:
>
> Why does this:
>
> status = [data table_name column_name [value data session arg]]
>

> display, for example:
>
> status = value]
>
> Why is there an extra closing tag bracket?
There isn’t an extra closing tag bracket. There’s a closing bracket for the ‘data’ tag and a closing bracket for the ‘value’ tag.

Cheers,
Bill
Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]
>> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:36 AM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why does this:
>>
>> status = [data table_name column_name [value data session arg]]
>>

>> display, for example:
>>
>> status = value]
>>
>> Why is there an extra closing tag bracket?

> There isn’t an extra closing tag bracket. There’s a closing bracket for the ‘data’ tag and a closing bracket for the ‘value’ tag.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill

Hey Bill haven't heard from you in awhile. Thanks for the reply. I get
that the code doesn't have an extra bracket, but why does the result
display with one? The page shows

status = value]

while I expected:

status = value

DB
Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:43 AM, DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:36 AM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
>>> Why does this:
>>> status = [data table_name column_name [value data session arg]]
>>> display, for example:
>>> status = value]
>>> Why is there an extra closing tag bracket?
>

>> There isn’t an extra closing tag bracket. There’s a closing bracket for the ‘data’ tag and a closing bracket for the ‘value’ tag.
>> Cheers,
>> Bill
>
> Hey Bill haven't heard from you in awhile. Thanks for the reply. I get that the code doesn't have an extra bracket, but why does the result display with one? The page shows
>
> status = value]
>
> while I expected:
>
> status = value
Maybe the extra closing bracket is coming from another part of your file and not the data tag.

Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]
Because you can't wrap IC tags with positional parameters.

Regards Racke

Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 25, 2019, at 10:43 AM, DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:
>
>>> On Sep 25, 2019, at 11:36 AM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
>>> Why does this:
>>> status = [data table_name column_name [value data session arg]]
>>> display, for example:
>>> status = value]
>>> Why is there an extra closing tag bracket?
>

>> There isn’t an extra closing tag bracket. There’s a closing bracket for the ‘data’ tag and a closing bracket for the ‘value’ tag.
>> Cheers,
>> Bill
>
> Hey Bill haven't heard from you in awhile. Thanks for the reply. I get that the code doesn't have an extra bracket, but why does the result display with one? The page shows
>
> status = value]
>
> while I expected:
>
> status = value

IC doesn’t parse positional nested tags in this way. If you need nested tags you need to use the named attribute form of the tags; i.e. (handwaving the specific attribute names here).

[data table=table_name column=column value=“[value data session arg]”]
Re: Extra tag bracket? [ In reply to ]

>>> There isn’t an extra closing tag bracket. There’s a closing bracket for the ‘data’ tag and a closing bracket for the ‘value’ tag.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Bill
>>
>> Hey Bill haven't heard from you in awhile. Thanks for the reply. I get that the code doesn't have an extra bracket, but why does the result display with one? The page shows
>>
>> status = value]
>>
>> while I expected:
>>
>> status = value
>
> IC doesn’t parse positional nested tags in this way. If you need nested tags you need to use the named attribute form of the tags; i.e. (handwaving the specific attribute names here).
>
> [data table=table_name column=column value=“[value data session arg]”]

Thanks - that's the same thing that Racke mentioned. I appreciate the
help! I also found that this code also works:

[tmp status][data session arg][/tmp]
Status = [data table_name column_name $Scratch->{$status};]