Mailing List Archive

Setting values in tags
Hi All!

I am trying to solve probably a very easy problem, but currently my
brain just stands still and won't help me :-(

I'm replacing the product_tree-menu with a Bootstrap accordion-menu, and
I want it to keep the menu open at the right product_group when I'm
browsing down to item-level or category-level.

To be able to catch the current product_group and category, i have
modified the ncheck_category-tag to save the current prod_group and
category by adding this to the right place of the tag:

$::Values->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
$::Values->{category} = "$category";

I get these values nicely set, but they tend to get "stuck", so if i get
to a non-product page like index.html, these values are still with the
old value set, and they get cleared only after a page-refresh..

What should i do so that i can use the session for storing values that
are valid only for the current page, and are "forgotten" when the next
page is loadedd or the value is not more set by the ncheck_category.tag?

Best Regards from Finland

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
Quoting Ren?? (interchange@hertell.com):
> Hi All!
>
> I am trying to solve probably a very easy problem, but currently my
> brain just stands still and won't help me :-(
>
> I'm replacing the product_tree-menu with a Bootstrap accordion-menu,
> and I want it to keep the menu open at the right product_group when
> I'm browsing down to item-level or category-level.
>
> To be able to catch the current product_group and category, i have
> modified the ncheck_category-tag to save the current prod_group and
> category by adding this to the right place of the tag:
>
> $::Values->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
> $::Values->{category} = "$category";
>
> I get these values nicely set, but they tend to get "stuck", so if i
> get to a non-product page like index.html, these values are still
> with the old value set, and they get cleared only after a
> page-refresh..
>
> What should i do so that i can use the session for storing values
> that are valid only for the current page, and are "forgotten" when
> the next page is loadedd or the value is not more set by the
> ncheck_category.tag?
>
> Best Regards from Finland

Probably the best place is $Tmp:

$Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
$Tmp->{category} = "$category";

If you are global and in a different package than Vend::Interpolate:

$Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
$Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{category} = "$category";

Then they can be accessed with:

[tv prod_group]

--
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on my
life. ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90%

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]

Mike still has it! ;)

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
When my carpal tunnel surgery happens, maybe even a bit more. I can hope!

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Gert van der Spoel <gert@3edge.com> wrote:

> [...]

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall
Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
Good luck Mike, hope you’ll recover fast!

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
Mike, I was unaware, but best of luck!
Kerry

BasicQ Inc.
PO Box 381
Boca Raton, FL 33429

Phone: 800-448-0665
email: kerry@basicq.com
www.basicq.com
https://johnson.basicq.com

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
In bocca al lupo anche dall'Italia.
Good luck Mike !

Marco

"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 12.06.2018 14:49, Mike Heins wrote:
> Probably the best place is $Tmp:
>
> $Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
> $Tmp->{category} = "$category";
>
> If you are global and in a different package than Vend::Interpolate:
>
> $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
> $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{category} = "$category";
>
> Then they can be accessed with:
>
> [tv prod_group]

Fantastic!! Works like a charm

Thanks Mike!

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 12.06.2018 15:34, Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> Good luck Mike, hope you’ll recover fast!

Yeah, wishing you all the best and a quick recovery!

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 12.06.2018 17:15, René wrote:
> On 12.06.2018 14:49, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Probably the best place is $Tmp:
> >
> >   $Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
> >   $Tmp->{category} = "$category";
> >
> > If you are global and in a different package than Vend::Interpolate:
> >
> >   $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{prod_group} = "$prod_group";
> >   $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{category} = "$category";
> >
> > Then they can be accessed with:
> >
> >     [tv prod_group]
> >

> Fantastic!! Works like a charm
>
> Thanks Mike!
>
> René

I stumbled now into a new problem.. :-( Is there a way to get eg the
current sku from the flypage into a template-component?

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]

Using scratch?

http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/glossary/scratch.html

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
>> I stumbled now into a new problem.. :-( Is there a way to get eg the current
>> sku from the flypage into a template-component?
>
> Using scratch?
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/glossary/scratch.html

I tried that:

Adding this on flypage.html
[set foocode][item-code][/set]
[scratch foocode]

This shows the item-code on every page correctly

Adding [scratch foocode] to a component like product_tree and setting
the foocode-scratch on flypage.htm displays the item-code with one page
delay, so if i load items in this order

page Scratch-value in product_tree
site.tld/item1 [empty]
site.tld/item2 item1
site.tld/item3 item2

I remember there was some trick to get this done, but i can't remember
it anymore :-(

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:14 AM, René <interchange@hertell.com> wrote:

> I stumbled now into a new problem.. :-( Is there a way to get eg the
>>> current
>>> sku from the flypage into a template-component?
>>>

>> Using scratch?
>>
>> http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/glossary/scratch.html
>>

> I tried that:
>
> Adding this on flypage.html
> [set foocode][item-code][/set]
> [scratch foocode]
>
> This shows the item-code on every page correctly
>
> Adding [scratch foocode] to a component like product_tree and setting the
> foocode-scratch on flypage.htm displays the item-code with one page delay,
> so if i load items in this order
>
> page Scratch-value in product_tree
> site.tld/item1 [empty]
> site.tld/item2 item1
> site.tld/item3 item2
>
> I remember there was some trick to get this done, but i can't remember it
> anymore :-(

You can find stuff like that in the source. If you are in global code, i.e.
your tag, you can use this to set a $Tmp value:

$Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{flypart} = $Vend::FlyPart;
Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 13.06.2018 14:32, Mike Heins wrote:

> You can find stuff like that in the source. If you are in global
> code, i.e. your tag, you can use this to set a $Tmp value:
>
> $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{flypart} = $Vend::FlyPart;

I got this to work from the global usertag to the local
template-component, but not by setting it on the flypage. I guess that
my problem is parsing-order, and i would need to get the item-code
before the parsing starts..

I'm not so good in finding what is done where in the source, but if you
could point me the right direction then i'm pretty sure that i could
find me around :-)

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 13.06.2018 15:14, René wrote:
> On 13.06.2018 14:32, Mike Heins wrote:
>>
>> You can find stuff like that in the source. If you are in global
>> code, i.e. your tag, you can use this to set a $Tmp value:
>>
>> $Vend::Interpolate::Tmp->{flypart} = $Vend::FlyPart;
>
> I got this to work from the global usertag to the local
> template-component, but not by setting it on the flypage. I guess that
> my problem is parsing-order, and i would need to get the item-code
> before the parsing starts..
>
> I'm not so good in finding what is done where in the source, but if you
> could point me the right direction then i'm pretty sure that i could
> find me around :-)

Bingo :-) I think i got it: [data session last_url]

René

Re: Setting values in tags [ In reply to ]
On 13.06.2018 15:20, René wrote:
> Bingo :-) I think i got it: [data session last_url]

There might be a more elegant way, but with this i got it to work :-)

$flycode = $Session->{last_url};
$flycode =~ s|^/(.*)|$1|;
$fly_prod_group = $Tag->data( 'products', 'prod_group', $flycode);

René