Mailing List Archive

Displaying cat field in title tag
Looking for help on displaying field in <title> tag in header.

The field is in cat and field name is title_head_format

How would I display contents of this field in my <title> tag?

Steve Bronson
steve@airdelights.com

Re: Displaying cat field in title tag [ In reply to ]
On Mar 29, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Steve Bronson <steve@airdelights.com> wrote:

> Looking for help on displaying field in <title> tag in header.
>
> The field is in cat and field name is title_head_format
>
> How would I display contents of this field in my <title> tag?

Hi Steve,

You’d need to locate the template/page that is currently being used to generate the specific page (likely in the catalogs/<blah>/templates/ … directory) and locate the existing <title> block.

A likely recipe to find this relatively easily would be (from catalog root):

grep -R ‘<title>’ .

Once you find where the existing piece is, you can modify it to add the corresponding field via a [data …] or variable substitution if through the flypage.

HTH,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: Displaying cat field in title tag [ In reply to ]
Looking for help on displaying field in <title> tag in header. The field is in cat and field name is title_head_format How would I display contents of this field in my <title> tag?

Hi Steve,
You’d need to locate the template/page that is currently being used to generate the specific page (likely in the catalogs/<blah>/templates/ … directory) and locate the existing <title> block.
A likely recipe to find this relatively easily would be (from catalog root):
grep -R ‘<title>’ .
Once you find where the existing piece is, you can modify it to add the corresponding field via a [data …] or variable substitution if through the flypage.
HTH,
David

*************
Hi David,

Yes, I have the flypage but not sure of the code to display the field contents. The mysql location of the field is cat::title_head_format.

What code would I use to display this field in my title tag?

this is the url of the page, it's a category page:
http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839

thanks David!
steve@airdelights.com

Re: Displaying cat field in title tag [ In reply to ]
> Yes, I have the flypage but not sure of the code to display the field contents. The mysql location of the field is cat::title_head_format.
>
> What code would I use to display this field in my title tag?
>
> this is the url of the page, it's a category page:
> http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839 <http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839>
>
> thanks David!
> steve@airdelights.com <mailto:steve@airdelights.com>

Hi Steve,

If the page in question already has something setting the page title (most do, via the [tmp page_title]…[/tmp] construct) you could adjust it in there.

So if it’s already a flypage or similar construct, you can access the item’s properties, say:

[tmp page_title][either][item-param title_head_format][or]__COMPANY_NAME__[/either][/tmp]

You would need to match the PREFIX-param against the other ones in this page if they appear; not being familiar with your specific setup I can’t offer much more than general guidance.

Best,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: Displaying cat field in title tag [ In reply to ]
Steve Bronson
Air Delights, Inc.
http://www.airdelights.com
steve@airdelights.com
Phone: 1-800-440-5556
Fax: 1-503-643-8224

Air Delights, Inc. is a National Distributor of Plumbing Products and Restroom Accessories. Please visit our website at http://www.airdelights.com

> Yes, I have the flypage but not sure of the code to display the field contents. The mysql location of the field is cat::title_head_format.
>
> What code would I use to display this field in my title tag?
>
> this is the url of the page, it's a category page:
> http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839 <http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839>
>
> thanks David!
> steve@airdelights.com <mailto:steve@airdelights.com>

Hi Steve,

If the page in question already has something setting the page title (most do, via the [tmp page_title]…[/tmp] construct) you could adjust it in there.

So if it’s already a flypage or similar construct, you can access the item’s properties, say:

[tmp page_title][either][item-param title_head_format][or]__COMPANY_NAME__[/either][/tmp]

You would need to match the PREFIX-param against the other ones in this page if they appear; not being familiar with your specific setup I can’t offer much more than general guidance.

Best,

David
--

This worked!!!
[tmp page_title][data base=cat col=title_head_format key="[cgi cat]"][if scratch content][scratch content][/if] | Air Delights[/tmp]

Thanks David!