at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1856

Any hints on how to diagnose? Thanks!

DB

Re: Paypal order issues [ In reply to ]
Hi DB,

In my experience this has been related to the failing of the [import] statement in etc/log_transaction; usually an error in the database for some reason. You might be able to check your database logs and see if you can match anything up with the times, particularly related to invalid data.

Best,

David

> On Jan 25, 2018, at 3:59 PM, DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:
>
> Hi - now and then (luckily not too often), I see a Paypal payment that has no associated IC order. I have to email the person who paid and ask what they ordered, which is not ideal. I see:
>
> Error during creation of order routing log: Route log failed.
> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1856
>
> Any hints on how to diagnose? Thanks!
>
> DB

David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david@endpoint.com
785-727-1171
Re: Paypal order issues [ In reply to ]
> Hi DB,
>
> In my experience this has been related to the failing of the [import] statement in etc/log_transaction; usually an error in the database for some reason. You might be able to check your database logs and see if you can match anything up with the times, particularly related to invalid data.
>
> Best,
>
> David
>
>> On Jan 25, 2018, at 3:59 PM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - now and then (luckily not too often), I see a Paypal payment that has no associated IC order. I have to email the person who paid and ask what they ordered, which is not ideal. I see:
>>
>> Error during creation of order routing log: Route log failed.
>> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1856
>>
>> Any hints on how to diagnose? Thanks!
>>
>> DB

Hi - I got another of these and did some digging. I was able to find the
session file, and although it is a bit ugly to view, it does show some
stuff like this:

*You must agree to our policies to checkout^L^@^@^@policy_agree^WCA
successful transaction has already been completed for this token.
^M^@^@^@PaypalExpress^A'^A^@
^@There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed. Reason:
AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
Reason:^O^@^@^@Payment process^F^@^@^@errors^D^B^B^@^@^@
^Gdefault
^Clog
^@^@^@routes_run^F[?tZ^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@time^E^D^@^@^@nomo^G^Ý?(\?Vg@^L^@^@^@latest_total
^@^L^@^@^@ship_message^D^C&^@^@^@^H?^O^@^@^@mv_route_failed

I'm wondering if my policy_agree might be an issue, although most of the
time things work fine, even with paypal. I have not seen this issue
however with credit card orders.

Can anyone suggest how to debug further? Turning on raw logging in mysql
would generate alot of data but might be worth a try.

Thanks

DB

Re: Paypal order issues [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 11:40:32 -0500
DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:

> > Hi DB,
> >
> > In my experience this has been related to the failing of the
> > [import] statement in etc/log_transaction; usually an error in the
> > database for some reason. You might be able to check your database
> > logs and see if you can match anything up with the times,
> > particularly related to invalid data.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > David
> >
> >> On Jan 25, 2018, at 3:59 PM, DB <db at m-and-d.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi - now and then (luckily not too often), I see a Paypal payment
> >> that has no associated IC order. I have to email the person who
> >> paid and ask what they ordered, which is not ideal. I see:
> >>
> >> Error during creation of order routing log: Route log failed.
> >> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Order.pm line 1856
> >>
> >> Any hints on how to diagnose? Thanks!
> >>
> >> DB
> >>

> Hi - I got another of these and did some digging. I was able to find
> the session file, and although it is a bit ugly to view, it does show
> some stuff like this:
>
> *You must agree to our policies to checkout^L^@^@^@policy_agree^WCA
> successful transaction has already been completed for this token.
> ^M^@^@^@PaypalExpress^A'^A^@
> ^@There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
> Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge
> failed. Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time
> charge failed. Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment:
> Real-time charge failed. Reason:^O^@^@^@Payment
> process^F^@^@^@errors^D^B^B^@^@^@ ^Gdefault
> ^Clog
> ^@^@^@routes_run^F[?tZ^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@time^E^D^@^@^@nomo^G^Ý?(\?Vg@^L^@^@^@latest_total
> ^@^L^@^@^@ship_message^D^C&^@^@^@^H?^O^@^@^@mv_route_failed
>
> I'm wondering if my policy_agree might be an issue, although most of
> the time things work fine, even with paypal. I have not seen this
> issue however with credit card orders.
>
> Can anyone suggest how to debug further? Turning on raw logging in
> mysql would generate alot of data but might be worth a try.
>
> Thanks
>
> DB

From that log it seems that the transaction went through, then the
policy agreement popped up, and then an attempt was made to repeat the
transaction with the original token, which failed as the token had been
used. Though if all this is very intermittent it's difficult to know
what is really happening.

There is a 'log_order.tag' on kiwi.zolotek.net which is invoked by the
'submit order' button and logs everything you need to know in
situations like this.

Cheers
Lyn

Re: Paypal order issues [ In reply to ]
>> Hi - I got another of these and did some digging. I was able to find
>> the session file, and although it is a bit ugly to view, it does show
>> some stuff like this:
>>
>> *You must agree to our policies to checkout^L^@^@^@policy_agree^WCA
>> successful transaction has already been completed for this token.
>> ^M^@^@^@PaypalExpress^A'^A^@
>> ^@There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge failed.
>> Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time charge
>> failed. Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment: Real-time
>> charge failed. Reason: AND There was an error accepting payment:
>> Real-time charge failed. Reason:^O^@^@^@Payment
>> process^F^@^@^@errors^D^B^B^@^@^@ ^Gdefault
>> ^Clog
>> ^@^@^@routes_run^F[?tZ^@^@^@^@^D^@^@^@time^E^D^@^@^@nomo^G^Ý?(\?Vg@^L^@^@^@latest_total
>> ^@^L^@^@^@ship_message^D^C&^@^@^@^H?^O^@^@^@mv_route_failed
>>
>> I'm wondering if my policy_agree might be an issue, although most of
>> the time things work fine, even with paypal. I have not seen this
>> issue however with credit card orders.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how to debug further? Turning on raw logging in
>> mysql would generate alot of data but might be worth a try.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> DB
>>

> From that log it seems that the transaction went through, then the
> policy agreement popped up, and then an attempt was made to repeat the
> transaction with the original token, which failed as the token had been
> used. Though if all this is very intermittent it's difficult to know
> what is really happening.
>
> There is a 'log_order.tag' on kiwi.zolotek.net which is invoked by the
> 'submit order' button and logs everything you need to know in
> situations like this.
>
> Cheers
> Lyn

Thanks - that sounds very useful!

Your page states that the tag is optionally included in paypalexpress so
I'll look into it.

The link to the tag itself on your page
ftp://ftp.zolotek.net/mv/logorder.tag is not working for me however.

DB

Re: Paypal order issues [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 12:57:53 -0500
DB <db@m-and-d.com> wrote:

> Thanks - that sounds very useful!
>
> Your page states that the tag is optionally included in paypalexpress
> so I'll look into it.
>
> The link to the tag itself on your page
> ftp://ftp.zolotek.net/mv/logorder.tag is not working for me however.

Apologies - fixed now.

Lyn