Mailing List Archive

utf8 mysql problem
Debian GNU/Linux 9
Interchange V5.10.0
mysqld 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1

With italian accented characters mysql store and return wrong chars.
Try to change charater set to mysql scheme (all db) and table from
latin1 to utf8, also put metatags on the input form page:

but the only way i find to store and retrieve accented characters is this:
[query type=textref sql="SET NAMES UTF8"][/query]
before ANY update query.

Is there a way to set global mysql UTF8 ?

P.S.
In the previous version:
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
Interchange V5.6.3
mysql 5.1.73
with the same catalogue and same database with latin1 charset all over i
haven't this problem.

Any suggestion ?
GREAT thanks.
Marco.

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: utf8 mysql problem [ In reply to ]
Hi Marco,

Interchange 5.6.3 had some support for UTF-8; you can try in your catalog.cfg:

DatabaseDefault MYSQL_ENABLE_UTF8 1
Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET utf-8

There may be some other settings required here, but that’s what I recall from memory. Newer versions of IC improve on the UTF-8 support.

Best,

David

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 10:59 AM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it> wrote:
>
> Debian GNU/Linux 9
> Interchange V5.10.0
> mysqld 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1
>
> With italian accented characters mysql store and return wrong chars.
> Try to change charater set to mysql scheme (all db) and table from latin1 to utf8, also put metatags on the input form page:
>
> but the only way i find to store and retrieve accented characters is this:
> [query type=textref sql="SET NAMES UTF8"][/query]
> before ANY update query.
>
> Is there a way to set global mysql UTF8 ?
>
> P.S.
> In the previous version:
> Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
> Interchange V5.6.3
> mysql 5.1.73
> with the same catalogue and same database with latin1 charset all over i haven't this problem.
>
> Any suggestion ?
> GREAT thanks.
> Marco.
>
> --