Mailing List Archive

old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10)
Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on icdevgroup.org
but not found.

My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these errors

=== errors ============================================================
Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie to
'/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 127.

RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to
'/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 219.

elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
StaticDir __SAMPLEHTML__/pages
===

Suggestions ?

Thanks :-)

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
You'd need to give some more info. The most common cause of this type of
thing is changing systems and having a big-endian / little-endian problem
or 32/64 bit problem, or a problems with permissions (including trying to
use an NFS file system).

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:34 PM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it> wrote:

> Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on icdevgroup.org
> but not found.
>
> My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these errors
>
> === errors ============================================================
> Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie to
> '/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 127.
>
> RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm':
> Invalid argument at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
> 111, <CONFIG> line 219.
>
> elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
> In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> StaticDir __SAMPLEHTML__/pages
> ===
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> --
> "Fino alla bara sinpara"
> "Up to demise we rize"

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall
Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
Hi Marco,

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 12:34 PM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it> wrote:
>
> Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on icdevgroup.org but not found.
>
> My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these errors

I assume you mean new IC version 5.10 for this.

> === errors ============================================================
> Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 127.
>
> RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 219.

What version of the GDBM_File module are you using? What version of Perl?

What does it show if you change line 111 in Vend::Table::GDBM file to:

die ::errmsg("%s could not tie to '%s': %s (flags: %s)", 'GDBM', $filename, $!, $flags)

FWIW, you might need to make sure your corresponding text files are up-to-date, then whack the *.gdbm versions and let IC reimport them, if this is a different version of GDBM_File than the catalog originally ran with (say if you’re moving to a different server).

> elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
> In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> StaticDir __SAMPLEHTML__/pages

Looks like StaticDir was removed in git commit 8397531e so commenting it out should be sufficient.

Best,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
Hi David
Il 11/10/2017 20:01, David Christensen ha scritto:
> Hi Marco,
>
>> On Oct 11, 2017, at 12:34 PM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it
>> <mailto:m.mescoli@omnib.it>> wrote:
>>
>> Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on icdevgroup.org
>> <http://icdevgroup.org> but not found.
>>
>> My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these
>> errors
>
> I assume you mean new IC version 5.10 for this.
Yes Interchange V5.10.0
Me din don, sorry.

>> === errors ============================================================
>> Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie
>> to '/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument at
>> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 127.
>>
>> RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to
>> '/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument at
>> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line 219.
Debian-9.1.0-amd64

> What version of the GDBM_File module are you using? What version of Perl?
Perl 5.24.1
GDBM_File 1.15

> What does it show if you change line 111 in Vend::Table::GDBM file to:
>
> die ::errmsg("%s could not tie to '%s': %s (flags: %s)", 'GDBM',
> $filename, $!, $flags)
== errors ==============================================================
Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not tie to
'/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument (flags: 0)
at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line
127.

RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to
'/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument (flags: 0)
at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG> line
219.

elcat config error: products not a database, cannot use as products file
elcat: config error. Skipping.
failed.
===

> FWIW, you might need to make sure your corresponding text files are
> up-to-date, then whack the *.gdbm versions and let IC reimport them, if
> this is a different version of GDBM_File than the catalog originally ran
> with (say if you?re moving to a different server).
Updated file from tgz archives created from the source host

>> elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
>> In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
>> StaticDir __SAMPLEHTML__/pages
>
> Looks like StaticDir was removed in git commit 8397531e so commenting it
> out should be sufficient.
Correct works :-)

> Best,
>
> David
> --
> David Christensen
> End Point Corporation
> david@endpoint.com <mailto:david@endpoint.com>
> 785-727-1171

Thanks !

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
Il 11/10/2017 19:49, Mike Heins ha scritto:
> You'd need to give some more info. The most common cause of this type of
> thing is changing systems and having a big-endian / little-endian
> problem or 32/64 bit problem, or a problems with permissions (including
> trying to use an NFS file system).
>

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:34 PM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it
> <mailto:m.mescoli@omnib.it>> wrote:
>
> Looked for suggestions for old mailing list archives on
> icdevgroup.org <http://icdevgroup.org> but not found.
>
> My old catalog elcat on new interchange 5.6.10 on startup give these
> errors
>
> === errors ============================================================
> Configuring catalog elcat...LocaleDatabase locale: GDBM could not
> tie to '/home/interch/elcat/products/locale.gdbm': Invalid argument
> at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG>
> line 127.
>
> RouteDatabase route: GDBM could not tie to
> '/home/interch/elcat/products/route.gdbm': Invalid argument at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 111, <CONFIG>
> line 219.
>
> elcat config error: Unknown directive 'staticdir'
> In line 230 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> StaticDir __SAMPLEHTML__/pages
> ===
>
> Suggestions ?
>
> Thanks :-)

Exclude permission or big endian/little endian problems seems 32/64 bit
problem on binary files. Text files are good.
Original files comes
from debian 6 32 bit tgz files
to debian 9 64 bit
I am not sure about the way I use to tgz the archive (maybe tar) but if
i write tgz archive in ssh consolle on debian6 32, transfer it with
samba and and read it in ssh consolle 64 bit can I have this problem ?

One way to avoid that problem ?

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/17 07:55, marco wrote:
> Exclude permission or big endian/little endian problems seems 32/64 bit
> problem on binary files. Text files are good.
> Original files comes
>  from debian 6 32 bit tgz files
>  to debian 9 64 bit
> I am not sure about the way I use to tgz the archive (maybe tar) but if
> i write tgz archive in ssh consolle on debian6 32, transfer it with
> samba and and read it in ssh consolle 64 bit can I have this problem ?

GDBM is not compatible across versions and definitely not across
architectures. You need to make sure the files are properly exported to
the .txt and .asc text files and delete the .gdbm files on the new
system. Interchange will then re-create them from the text files the
next time it starts.

Peter

Re: old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10) [ In reply to ]
S O L V E D !

Deleting all *.gdbm files they were recreated on start.
Old catalogues on Interchange 5.10.0 run suitably.
Thanks guys :-)

Marco

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"