Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2

Any idea ?
Marco Mescoli

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]

> with perl 5.24.1
> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink"'
> inside interchange source dir
> # perl Makefile.PL
> # make
> On make I obtain this error:
> Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
> Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
> make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2

Hi Marco,

What version of IC are you trying to install?

I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if you want to provide more detail.

Best,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]
Quoting David Christensen (david@endpoint.com):

> > with perl 5.24.1
> > # perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink"'
> > inside interchange source dir
> > # perl Makefile.PL
> > # make
> > On make I obtain this error:
> > Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
> > Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
> > make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2
>

> Hi Marco,
>
> What version of IC are you trying to install?
>
> I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and
> was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if
> you want to provide more detail.

I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d

This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
Perl versions.

5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT

I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]
Il 29/09/2017 22:28, Josh Lavin ha scritto:
> Quoting David Christensen (david@endpoint.com):
>>>
>>> with perl 5.24.1
>>> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink"'
>>> inside interchange source dir
>>> # perl Makefile.PL
>>> # make
>>> On make I obtain this error:
>>> Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
>>> Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
>>> make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2
>>

>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> What version of IC are you trying to install?
>>
>> I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and
>> was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if
>> you want to provide more detail.
>
> I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d
>
> This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
> test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
> Perl versions.
>
> 5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
> you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
> of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:
>
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT
>
> I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.

Hi David and Josh, thanks for the help

The version I have tried to install was 5.10.0 from icdevgroup.org:
interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz

Now I have installed with success from git the same version downloading:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/archive/master.zip

I have created and run demo strap but on restart interchange server:
su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
give this error:

table userdb index failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
DBI: Index creation query 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `userdb_usernick` ON
`userdb` (`usernick`)' failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
table 'userdb' failed: list_fields execute on `userdb`: Table
'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2066.

Anyway the strap catalog run but none can login.

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]
Il 30/09/2017 02:21, marco ha scritto:
> Il 29/09/2017 22:28, Josh Lavin ha scritto:
>> Quoting David Christensen (david@endpoint.com):

>>> Hi Marco,
>>>
>>> What version of IC are you trying to install?
>>>
>>> I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and
>>> was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if
>>> you want to provide more detail.
>>
>> I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d
>>

>> This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
>> test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
>> Perl versions.
>>
>> 5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
>> you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
>> of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:
>>
>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT
>>
>> I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.
>>

> Hi David and Josh, thanks for the help
>
> The version I have tried to install was 5.10.0 from icdevgroup.org:
> interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz
>
> Now I have installed with success from git the same version downloading:
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/archive/master.zip
>
> I have created and run demo strap but on restart interchange server:
> su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
> give this error:
>
> table userdb index failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
> DBI: Index creation query 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `userdb_usernick` ON
> `userdb` (`usernick`)' failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
> table 'userdb' failed: list_fields execute on `userdb`: Table
> 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2066.
>
> Anyway the strap catalog run but none can login.

Is a mysql create problem.
I have mariaDB server 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 Debian 9.1
characterset: utf8mb4
With utfmb4 creating userdb:
`username` varchar(255) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
give error:
ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 1 in file: 'userdb.sql': Specified key was
too long; max key length is 767 bytes

4 byte every varchar(255) * 4 = 1020 > 767

Looking at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814532/1071-specified-key-was-too-long-max-key-length-is-767-bytes

Changing the userdb create sql `username` line in:
`username` varchar(191) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
the script run without errors.
Also changing db characterset from utf8mb4 to utf8
ALTER DATABASE test_strap CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

the create usedb query runs well with varchar(255) and strap users can
login :-)

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 30, 2017, at 5:23 AM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it> wrote:
>
> Il 30/09/2017 02:21, marco ha scritto:
>> Il 29/09/2017 22:28, Josh Lavin ha scritto:
>>> Quoting David Christensen (david@endpoint.com):

>>> I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
>>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d
>>>

>>> This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
>>> test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
>>> Perl versions.
>>>
>>> 5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
>>> you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
>>> of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT
>>>
>>> I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.
>>>

>> Hi David and Josh, thanks for the help
>>
>> The version I have tried to install was 5.10.0 from icdevgroup.org:
>> interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz
>>
>> Now I have installed with success from git the same version downloading:
>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/archive/master.zip
>>
>> I have created and run demo strap but on restart interchange server:
>> su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
>> give this error:
>>
>> table userdb index failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
>> DBI: Index creation query 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `userdb_usernick` ON
>> `userdb` (`usernick`)' failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
>> table 'userdb' failed: list_fields execute on `userdb`: Table
>> 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist at
>> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2066.
>>
>> Anyway the strap catalog run but none can login.
>
> Is a mysql create problem.
> I have mariaDB server 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 Debian 9.1
> characterset: utf8mb4
> With utfmb4 creating userdb:
> `username` varchar(255) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
> give error:
> ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 1 in file: 'userdb.sql': Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes
>
> 4 byte every varchar(255) * 4 = 1020 > 767
>
> Looking at
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814532/1071-specified-key-was-too-long-max-key-length-is-767-bytes <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814532/1071-specified-key-was-too-long-max-key-length-is-767-bytes>
>
> Changing the userdb create sql `username` line in:
> `username` varchar(191) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
> the script run without errors.
> Also changing db characterset from utf8mb4 to utf8
> ALTER DATABASE test_strap CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
>
> the create usedb query runs well with varchar(255) and strap users can login :-)

Huh, so the utfmb4 is a default setting for the installed MariaDB or is that a local setting based on your locale or some such? Good to know about the fix, and I can’t imagine usernames of > 150 chars would be that useful or common, so we might consider just lowing that default size, or at the very least document it.

Best,

David
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
Re: Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9 [ In reply to ]
Il 30/09/2017 15:13, David Christensen ha scritto:

>> On Sep 30, 2017, at 5:23 AM, marco <m.mescoli@omnib.it
>> <mailto:m.mescoli@omnib.it>> wrote:

>>> Hi David and Josh, thanks for the help
>>>
>>> The version I have tried to install was 5.10.0 from icdevgroup.org
>>> <http://icdevgroup.org>:
>>> interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Now I have installed with success from git the same version downloading:
>>> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/archive/master.zip
>>>
>>> I have created and run demo strap but on restart interchange server:
>>> su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
>>> give this error:
>>>
>>> table userdb index failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
>>> DBI: Index creation query 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `userdb_usernick` ON
>>> `userdb` (`usernick`)' failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
>>> table 'userdb' failed: list_fields execute on `userdb`: Table
>>> 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist at
>>> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2066.
>>>
>>> Anyway the strap catalog run but none can login.
>>
>> Is a mysql create problem.
>> I have mariaDB server 10.1.26-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 Debian 9.1
>> characterset: utf8mb4
>> With utfmb4 creating userdb:
>> `username` varchar(255) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
>> give error:
>> ERROR 1071 (42000) at line 1 in file: 'userdb.sql': Specified key was
>> too long; max key length is 767 bytes
>>
>> 4 byte every varchar(255) * 4 = 1020 > 767
>>
>> Looking at
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814532/1071-specified-key-was-too-long-max-key-length-is-767-bytes
>>
>> Changing the userdb create sql `username` line in:
>> `username` varchar(191) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
>> the script run without errors.
>> Also changing db characterset from utf8mb4 to utf8
>> ALTER DATABASE test_strap CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
>>
>> the create usedb query runs well with varchar(255) and strap users can
>> login :-)
>
> Huh, so the utfmb4 is a default setting for the installed MariaDB or is
> that a local setting based on your locale or some such? Good to know
> about the fix, and I can?t imagine usernames of > 150 chars would be
> that useful or common, so we might consider just lowing that default
> size, or at the very least document it.

Seems choice of official Debian repositories:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/differences-in-mariadb-in-debian-and-ubuntu/