Search and found more then one solutions but none fits my needs, CSV
esport and import is considerated not reliable.

Any suggestions about ?

Thanks to all
Marco
--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Copy data from mssql to mysql [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, marco wrote:

> I am begin to work about a nightly data bridge, a scheduled procedure
> running on web server that read from mssql and write on mysql, not a
> definitive migration.
>
> Search and found more then one solutions but none fits my needs, CSV
> esport and import is considerated not reliable.
>
> Any suggestions about ?

That sounds like a good use case for Bucardo, a replication system
primarily focused on PostgreSQL, but which also supports MySQL, Oracle,
Firebird, MongoDB, and others. But not yet Microsoft SQL Server! So you
would need to do some development work on it to get it to talk to SQL
Server.

I have never used any of these, but you may want to check them out:

https://www.symmetricds.org/

https://www.packtpub.com/books/content/mysql-data-transfer-using-sql-server-integration-services-ssis

HTH,
Jon

--
Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation

Re: Copy data from mssql to mysql [ In reply to ]
On 23/06/17 01:34, marco wrote:
> I am begin to work about a nightly data bridge, a scheduled procedure
> running on web server that read from mssql and write on mysql, not a
> definitive migration.

I do a very similar replication from mssql to mysql using perl DBI. You
can use dbd::ODBC to connect and retrieve data from the mssql server and
dbd::mysql for the mysql side and script the transfer.

Note that it's also possible for Interchange to connect directly to the
mssql server using dbd::ODBC.

Peter

Re: Copy data from mssql to mysql [ In reply to ]
Thanks Jon, I read about Bucardo (sounds as italian name) a real time db
data mirror? Very interesting and powerful but seems too hard and heavy
work for me to adapt for mssql mysql.

HTRH.

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"

Re: Copy data from mssql to mysql [ In reply to ]
Yes Peter your way seems give less trouble. I have tested the most
popular libraries in python seems enough simply. Tested libs:
mssql: pymssql(without odbc more direct), pyodbc(with freetds)
mysql: mysql.connector(more supported and recent), MySQLdb

HTRH.
Il 22/06/2017 21:44, Peter ha scritto:
> On 23/06/17 01:34, marco wrote:
>> I am begin to work about a nightly data bridge, a scheduled procedure
>> running on web server that read from mssql and write on mysql, not a
>> definitive migration.
>
> I do a very similar replication from mssql to mysql using perl DBI. You
> can use dbd::ODBC to connect and retrieve data from the mssql server and
> dbd::mysql for the mysql side and script the transfer.
>
> Note that it's also possible for Interchange to connect directly to the
> mssql server using dbd::ODBC.
>

> Peter

"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"