to speed that up, and it worked, but then the table didn't work.

Is there a best way to do this kind of stuff when you're using IC?

- Grant

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
On 25 Sep 2016 04:25, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you guys manage your mysql tables?

Hi Grant,

We use the DatabaseAuto directive which I think should solve your issues.

http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/DatabaseAuto.html

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
>> How do you guys manage your mysql tables?
>
> Hi Grant,
>
> We use the DatabaseAuto directive which I think should solve your issues.
>
> http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/config/DatabaseAuto.html

Maybe the key there is the NoImport statement which DatabaseAuto puts
into effect for each table? It sounds like NoImport moves table
management out of IC.

Also Andrew, I took a look at pullingshots.ca:

"I have been successfully running Interchange 5 using a stack of Plack
+ Nginx in production since February, 2016 on a busy site"

Your config is really simple. Has anyone else tried this? Any drawbacks?

- Grant

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
Quoting Grant (emailgrant@gmail.com):
> Also Andrew, I took a look at pullingshots.ca:
>
> "I have been successfully running Interchange 5 using a stack of Plack
> + Nginx in production since February, 2016 on a busy site"
>
> Your config is really simple. Has anyone else tried this? Any drawbacks?

https://github.com/jdigory/interchange-extras/tree/master/plack

:-D

I haven't done it in production, but others have.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
>> Also Andrew, I took a look at pullingshots.ca:
>>
>> "I have been successfully running Interchange 5 using a stack of Plack
>> + Nginx in production since February, 2016 on a busy site"
>>
>> Your config is really simple. Has anyone else tried this? Any drawbacks?
>
> https://github.com/jdigory/interchange-extras/tree/master/plack
>
> :-D
>
> I haven't done it in production, but others have.

Ah OK, it sounds like plack is slow.

- Grant

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
Quoting Grant (emailgrant@gmail.com):
> >> Also Andrew, I took a look at pullingshots.ca:
> >>
> >> "I have been successfully running Interchange 5 using a stack of Plack
> >> + Nginx in production since February, 2016 on a busy site"
> >>
> >> Your config is really simple. Has anyone else tried this? Any drawbacks?
> >
> > https://github.com/jdigory/interchange-extras/tree/master/plack
> >
> > :-D
> >
> > I haven't done it in production, but others have.
>
> Ah OK, it sounds like plack is slow.

To clarify, if you run Plack alone with my little example, then yes. But
if you use Nginx in front to handle the static resources (images, etc),
then I don't think it's slow at all, but others who use it in production
can speak to that.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation

Re: Table management [ In reply to ]
On 29 Sep 2016 17:14, Josh Lavin <jlavin@endpoint.com> wrote:

> Quoting Grant (emailgrant@gmail.com):

> > > https://github.com/jdigory/interchange-extras/tree/master/plack
> > >
> > > :-D
> > >
> > > I haven't done it in production, but others have.
> >
> > Ah OK, it sounds like plack is slow.
>
> To clarify, if you run Plack alone with my little example, then yes. But
> if you use Nginx in front to handle the static resources (images, etc),
> then I don't think it's slow at all, but others who use it in production
> can speak to that.

We have been using Plack+Starman behind nginx which is very, very fast in our experience.

You can use nginx to serve static resources and also do caching.

Andrew