result of customers inadvertently placing orders with five, and nine
digit quantities in there, resulting in attempted charges of millions of
dollars to their credit cards.

The simple fix is to add autocomplete="off" to the quantity input in
include/checkout/shopping_cart. This should also be added to other
fields throughout the demo where the browser has no business trying to
auto-fill data.

Peter

Re: Massive quantity bug with Certain chrome versions [ In reply to ]
> This is a heads up for those running old Foundation shops, and possibly
> others (not sure to which other demos this extends). Specific versions
> of the Chrome browser (51.0.2704.81 and 51.0.2704.103) on seemingly all
> platforms (confirmed Windows 10, Android and Linux) seem to have a
> tendency to want to auto-fill in the user's zip code in the quantity0
> field of the shopping cart on the single checkout page. This has the
> result of customers inadvertently placing orders with five, and nine
> digit quantities in there, resulting in attempted charges of millions of
> dollars to their credit cards.
>
> The simple fix is to add autocomplete="off" to the quantity input in
> include/checkout/shopping_cart. This should also be added to other
> fields throughout the demo where the browser has no business trying to
> auto-fill data.

Thanks Peter. I've been noticing similarly strange behavior with one
of my fields and I bet autocomplete="off" fixes it.

- Grant

Re: Massive quantity bug with Certain chrome versions [ In reply to ]
> This is a heads up for those running old Foundation shops, and possibly
> others (not sure to which other demos this extends). Specific versions
> of the Chrome browser (51.0.2704.81 and 51.0.2704.103) on seemingly all
> platforms (confirmed Windows 10, Android and Linux) seem to have a
> tendency to want to auto-fill in the user's zip code in the quantity0
> field of the shopping cart on the single checkout page. This has the
> result of customers inadvertently placing orders with five, and nine
> digit quantities in there, resulting in attempted charges of millions of
> dollars to their credit cards.
>
> The simple fix is to add autocomplete="off" to the quantity input in
> include/checkout/shopping_cart. This should also be added to other
> fields throughout the demo where the browser has no business trying to
> auto-fill data.
>

> Peter

I have recently seen a couple failed charges for crazy-high dollar
amounts. Thanks for reporting this!

DB

Re: Massive quantity bug with Certain chrome versions [ In reply to ]
On 08/17/2016 08:17 AM, DB wrote:
>> This is a heads up for those running old Foundation shops, and possibly
>> others (not sure to which other demos this extends). Specific versions
>> of the Chrome browser (51.0.2704.81 and 51.0.2704.103) on seemingly all
>> platforms (confirmed Windows 10, Android and Linux) seem to have a
>> tendency to want to auto-fill in the user's zip code in the quantity0
>> field of the shopping cart on the single checkout page. This has the
>> result of customers inadvertently placing orders with five, and nine
>> digit quantities in there, resulting in attempted charges of millions of
>> dollars to their credit cards.
>>
>> The simple fix is to add autocomplete="off" to the quantity input in
>> include/checkout/shopping_cart. This should also be added to other
>> fields throughout the demo where the browser has no business trying to
>> auto-fill data.
>>

>> Peter
>

> I have recently seen a couple failed charges for crazy-high dollar
> amounts. Thanks for reporting this!

I have done a fair bit of research on this and a few things to note:

* Chrome does not honor autocomplete=off on the input level.
* But.. "If we encounter an autocomplete attribute that we don't
recognize, we won't try and fill it." ie autocomplete="SkipMePlease" on
the input level.

[reference - read last entry]
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=468153

I hope this helps a few people.

--
Warm Regards,

Sam Batschelet
End Point Corporation

Re: Massive quantity bug with Certain chrome versions [ In reply to ]
On 18/08/16 00:38, Sam Batschelet wrote:
> * Chrome does not honor autocomplete=off on the input level.
> * But.. "If we encounter an autocomplete attribute that we don't
> recognize, we won't try and fill it." ie autocomplete="SkipMePlease" on
> the input level.
>
> [reference - read last entry]
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=468153

That bug report was last year for chrome 41. This issue occurred with
chrome 51 and my own testing showed that autocomplete="off" did indeed
fix the issue.

Peter