Mailing List Archive

Error on gpg key exported from linux to Mac
I have exported a gpg key from linux to Mac. Exporting commands on linux
are as follows

```
gpg --export-secret-keys -a test_01.asc
gpg --export -a test_01_pub.asc
```

Importing commands on Mac are as follows

```
gpg --import test_01.asc
gpg --import test_01_pub.asc
```

But when decrypting with the imported key,

```
gpg -d -vvv test_01.gpg
```

gpg said

```
gpg: using character set 'utf-8'
gpg: enabled compatibility flags:
# off=0 ctb=85 tag=1 hlen=3 plen=268
:pubkey enc packet: version 3, algo 1, keyid XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
data: [2048 bits]
gpg: public key is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
# off=271 ctb=d2 tag=18 hlen=2 plen=62 new-ctb
:encrypted data packet:
length: 62
mdc_method: 2
gpg: using subkey XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX instead of primary key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
gpg: encrypted with rsa2048 key, ID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, created xxxx-xx-xx
"xxx <xxx@xxx.com>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: Bad secret key
gpg: decryption failed: Bad secret key
```

And when I tried to change its passwd, gpg said

```
error getting keyinfo from agent: System error w/o errno
pKey has only stub or on-card key items - no passphrase to change.
```

The versions of gpgs on Linux and Mac are 2.2.41 and 2.4.0
Re: Error on gpg key exported from linux to Mac [ In reply to ]
On Samstag, 18. M?rz 2023 21:23:43 CET yung mgc via Gnupg-users wrote:
> I have exported a gpg key from linux to Mac. Exporting commands on linux
> are as follows
[...]
> And when I tried to change its passwd, gpg said
>
> ```
> error getting keyinfo from agent: System error w/o errno
> pKey has only stub or on-card key items - no passphrase to change.
> ```
>
> The versions of gpgs on Linux and Mac are 2.2.41 and 2.4.0

What does `gpg -K <KEYID of your key>` output on Linux and Mac?

Regards,
Ingo