is there a way to either save an entry for the key's passphrase directly in KeePassXC, or indirectly through some pinentry program or other way?

currently, pinentry-gtk2 is broken because of a missing library (namely libgtk-x11). my linux system runs the KDE desktop environment, so i guess it makes sense why pinentry-gtk2 wouldn't work, but i'm not sure what package to install (arch linux ARM).

thanks!

Re: Question about secret service integration and saved passphrases [ In reply to ]
On Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2023 02:50:25 CET Jackson Chen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> i had enabled KeePassXC secret service integration (some free desktop
> standard). when i use my secret GPG/PGP keys, i get prompted by KeePassXC
> to unlock the database (if locked). after unlocking the database, GPG goes
> back to asking for the passphrase through pinentry.
>
> the problem i have is that the pinentry program (pinentry-qt) does not have
> a checkbox to save the passphrase, which is what i need to save the
> passphrase into KeePassXC. is there a way to either save an entry for the
> key's passphrase directly in KeePassXC, or indirectly through some pinentry
> program or other way?

I think there's a pinentry-gnome3 which supports saving passwords via the
secret service integration. It should work fine in KDE Plasma.

Searching the internet I found this link which might be helpful:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/Keyring

Regards,
Ingo
Re: Re: Question about secret service integration and saved passphrases [ In reply to ]
On 2023-01-05 13:51, Ingo Kl?cker wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2023 02:50:25 CET Jackson Chen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> > i had enabled KeePassXC secret service integration (some free desktop
> > standard). when i use my secret GPG/PGP keys, i get prompted by KeePassXC
> > to unlock the database (if locked). after unlocking the database, GPG goes
> > back to asking for the passphrase through pinentry.
> >
> > the problem i have is that the pinentry program (pinentry-qt) does not have
> > a checkbox to save the passphrase, which is what i need to save the
> > passphrase into KeePassXC. is there a way to either save an entry for the
> > key's passphrase directly in KeePassXC, or indirectly through some pinentry
> > program or other way?
>
> I think there's a pinentry-gnome3 which supports saving passwords via the
> secret service integration. It should work fine in KDE Plasma.
>
> Searching the internet I found this link which might be helpful:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/Keyring

I can confirm that pinentry-gnome3 works well with seahorse in Ubuntu
22.04.

- Jan