Mailing List Archive

email culture (Re: WKD: conveying intent of encrypt-by-default?)
Am Donnerstag 13 Oktober 2022 23:50:33 schrieb Phil Pennock via Gnupg-users:
> ?We need encryption _available_, but culturally
> "encrypt-by-default" is not going to fly.

In some cultures I hope (and guess) that it will fly.

> Almost all email usage locally is Gmail, with the browser app or the
> official Gmail mobile apps. ?That is not going to change.

I wonder what could be done (in your local culture but also in other
environments) to make reading encrypted emails better.
E.g. have your users tried Mailvelope?
https://mailvelope.com/en/

> This is about using encrypted content being a PITA for most
> people.

Somehow this shows how local and good native email clients could be better.
As a long term email user a good email client makes me more productive
and those clients can usually deal with encrypted email nicely
(so it is not a hump at all, just a bit of setup once every few years).

How could be get there for more people?

Regards
Bernhard
--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard ? +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998