Mailing List Archive

gpg-agent refuse to start
Hello,

Our applications called the GNUPG 1.4.2 executable and it worked without issue. We upgraded to GNUPG version 2.2.27 and now we have problems with the gpg-agent. This sometimes refuses to start. The log looks like this:

gpg-connect-agent: pas d'instance de gpg-agent en cours d'ex,cution -?d,marrage de ??C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin\gpg-agent.exe??
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (5s)
gpg-agent[3580]: Attention : ? --use-standard-socket ? est une option obsol?te - non prise en compte
gpg-agent[3580]: erreur de lien de la socket ? ? C:/ProgRRQ/GnuPG/RRQGnuPG02E/S.gpg-agent ? : Unknown error
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (4s)
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (3s)
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (2s)
gpg-connect-agent: waiting for the agent to come up ... (1s)
gpg-connect-agent: can't connect to the agent: ?chec de l'appel IPC connect
gpg-connect-agent: erreur d'envoi d'options standards?: Pas d'agent en cours d'ex,cution

- We are on Windows Server 2016 with gpg4win 3.1.15.
- We have seventeen directories (homedir) each containing the keys of a communication partner. So there can be up to 17 agents running.
- For now, after each restart of the server, I do a manual start of the seventeen agents. The starting problem is also present in manual. I use this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin\gpg-connect-agent" --homedir C:/ProgRRQ/GnuPG/RRQGnuPG01E /bye

- I have experimented with version 2.3.7 and the problem occurs much less often, but it is still present.
- Is our use of GNUPG 2 correct? Should we go back to the latest version 1.4?
- Here is an example of a call by one of our applications:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG\bin\gpg.exe" --batch --yes --display-charset utf-8 --passphrase-fd 0 --pinentry-mode loopback --verbose --ignore-mdc-error --homedir C:\ProgRRQ\GnuPG\RRQGnuPG15P -r "RQ Prod" -o "\\siaechpcq02\depotsys\EE5\EE5N731_Temp\urh1vftx.scs" -d "\\siaechpcq02\depotsys\EE5\EE5N731_Temp\nfbxl3yo.4nb"

C. Roy

Re: gpg-agent refuse to start [ In reply to ]
Hi Christian,

Am Donnerstag 06 Oktober 2022 21:01:15 schrieb Roy Christian (DAIT-SITL) via
Gnupg-users:

> Our applications called the GNUPG 1.4.2 executable and it worked without
> issue. We upgraded to GNUPG version 2.2.27 and now we have problems with
> the gpg-agent. This sometimes refuses to start.

have you had a look at the questions I've asked you in reponse to your
question in
https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2474&forum_id=21&group_id=11
?

(It is fine to have this discussion here on the mailinglist.)

Regards
Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard ? +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998
RE: gpg-agent refuse to start [ In reply to ]
Hi Bernhard,

Thank you for your very comprehensive reply on the forum. It is very appreciated.

I am still collecting information on the GNUPG problem. I hope to be able to come back to you with more information this week.

Regards
Christian Roy