Mailing List Archive

loopback issue signing git commits
Hi,

I use gnupg in a remote server, I connect to via ssh

I config gnupg as loopback, it ask me my gpg passwd in the command
line or in my emacs minibuffer when I use magit

but when I commit in git, I sign my commits, but gpg ask me the passwd
with GUI pinentry (in the remote server)

In remote ssh connection I cant insert that password

please, help

My config is:

in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

use-agent
pinentry-mode loopback

in ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf

allow-emacs-pinentry
allow-loopback-pinentry

in ~/.gitconfig

[user]
name = GH
email = project@gnuhacker.org
signingkey = ECA4C5D86C7D8215
[commit]
gpgsign = true

Re: loopback issue signing git commits [ In reply to ]
On 2022-06-18 at 02:14 +0200, GH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use gnupg in a remote server, I connect to via ssh
>
> I config gnupg as loopback, it ask me my gpg passwd in the command
> line or in my emacs minibuffer when I use magit
>
> but when I commit in git, I sign my commits, but gpg ask me the
> passwd
> with GUI pinentry (in the remote server)
>
> In remote ssh connection I cant insert that password
>
> please, help

What's the full gpg command line being run by git? I suspect it may be
overriding some setting.
Rather than using loopback to read it, I think it might be more
apprpopriate to configure it to use pinentry-curses

Regards

Re: loopback issue signing git commits [ In reply to ]
Ángel <angel@pgp.16bits.net> writes:

> What's the full gpg command line being run by git? I suspect it may be
> overriding some setting.

I just do "git commit"