Am I doing/understanding something wrong?

Best wishes

Felix

Re: --export-filter not working [ In reply to ]
On Donnerstag, 14. April 2022 23:27:21 CEST Felix Mayr via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> so I try to create a file with my public keys and want to exclude some
> authorization keys. `--export-filter` should do the job if I understand
> correctly, but it doesn't work. (platform: Fedora 35/gpg 2.3.4)
>
> Just using the command here to try filter out encryption-keys doesn't
> produce anything usable:
> https://dev.gnupg.org/rG86b64876bef0d8c4be8e309fcf3e2ce21e65a947
>
> Notably, importing the resulting file on another machine, there are no
> subkeys at all (gpg --list-keys)!
>
> Am I doing/understanding something wrong?

I have added some debug output. It seems that the result for the usage
property is always an empty string. I guess either the above commit never
worked (but the committer surely tested this) or it was broken by a later
commit. In any case, it's a bug. Please submit a bug report.

Regards,
Ingo
Re: --export-filter not working [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ingo,

I'll do that (or setup the GPG-code myself to hunt for the bug if
holidays permit).

Regards,

Felix

Am 15.04.22 um 16:29 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Donnerstag, 14. April 2022 23:27:21 CEST Felix Mayr via Gnupg-users wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> so I try to create a file with my public keys and want to exclude some
>> authorization keys. `--export-filter` should do the job if I understand
>> correctly, but it doesn't work. (platform: Fedora 35/gpg 2.3.4)
>>
>> Just using the command here to try filter out encryption-keys doesn't
>> produce anything usable:
>> https://dev.gnupg.org/rG86b64876bef0d8c4be8e309fcf3e2ce21e65a947
>>
>> Notably, importing the resulting file on another machine, there are no
>> subkeys at all (gpg --list-keys)!
>>
>> Am I doing/understanding something wrong?
>
> I have added some debug output. It seems that the result for the usage
> property is always an empty string. I guess either the above commit never
> worked (but the committer surely tested this) or it was broken by a later
> commit. In any case, it's a bug. Please submit a bug report.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Felix Mayr, M.Sc.
research assistant

Technical University of Munich
Simulation of Nanosystems for Energy Conversion

Arcisstraße 21
80333 Munich, Germany

email: felix.mayr@tum.de
phone: +49-89-289-26933