Mailing List Archive

key creation time
> This is probably due to the fact that the creation date/time of the key is
> included in the calculation of the fingerprint and thus the key ID. My guess
> is that the creation date/time differs for the two smartcards.

Would someone be kind enough to explain the reason for including
the creation time in the key-pair in general, and the reason
for including it in the fingerprint derivation in particular?

(It appears to be an item that has no role in the encryption
process whatsoever, while on the other hand provides the adversary
with information that the key user might in some instances prefer
not be known to the adversary?)

Regards, MarcK