Can you please help me?

Greetings,

Christoph

Re: make check -> libgcrypt is too old [ In reply to ]
On 2021.11.08 10:54, Christoph Klassen via Gnupg-users wrote:

> I was trying to build GnuPG 2.3.3. For that reason I downloaded and
> built npth 1.6, libgpg-error 1.43, libgcrypt 1.9.4, libksba 1.6.0 and
> libassuan 2.5.5 (in this order). Then I started the build process for
> GnuPG with ./configure and make && make check. One test failed,
> saying: "t-recsel: Fatal: libgcrypt is too old (need 1.9.1, have
> 1.8.8)".

Did that happen during ./configure or during make check? In either
case, I would check for any left-over remnants of an older install of
libgcrypt, such as a stray pkcgonfig file.

Re: make check -> libgcrypt is too old [ In reply to ]
On 08.11.21 17:28, Jack via Gnupg-users wrote:
> In either case, I would check for any left-over remnants of an older
> install of libgcrypt, such as a stray pkcgonfig file.
I didn't think of old installations, but that was the right clue. On my
system the package libgcrypt20 was installed (from the debian repos).
The solution was to run first dpkg --purge --force-all libgcrypt20
(couldn't remove it the normal way because of some dependencies). Then I
could build GnuPG without errors. But at least one application didn't
work, so I reinstalled libgcrypt20. Now both, GnuPG and the other
application work and everything is fine!

Re: make check -> libgcrypt is too old [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 20:30, Christoph Klassen said:

> repos). The solution was to run first dpkg --purge --force-all
> libgcrypt20 (couldn't remove it the normal way because of some

Not a good idea. That may break things. It is better to install
libgcrypt and the other libs to /user/local/lib and then set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly (or fix search order in ld.so.conf).

> one application didn't work, so I reinstalled libgcrypt20. Now both,

Libgcrypt 1.9 is compatible to 1.8 but not vice versa.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: make check -> libgcrypt is too old [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 08:13:18AM +0100, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Not a good idea. That may break things. It is better to install
> libgcrypt and the other libs to /user/local/lib and then set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly (or fix search order in ld.so.conf).

make install usually says,