Mailing List Archive

Windows Hello Interference on 2.3.X
Hi folks,

It appears some changes in the 2.3.X branch have broken my Yubikey OpenPGP
key on systems that also have a Windows Hello for Business PIN set up.
Here's the behavior I'm seeing:

scdaemon.conf:

debug-level guru
log-file "%APPDATA%\gnupg\scdaemon.log"
reader-port "Yubico YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID 0"

2.2.29: The above works, gpg --card-status returns info on my Yubikey.

2.3.0/1: gpg --card-status returns:
gpg: selecting card failed: End of file
gpg: OpenPGP card not available: End of file

Log file: attached, scdaemon.2.3.1.log

2.3.2: gpg --card-status enters an infinite loop, never completing and
pegging a single CPU as hard as it can. The log file output is attached,
scdaemon.2.3.2.log. I've clipped it to not overwhelm inboxes, but the last
two lines will continuously repeat, making the file as big as you let it
run.

I'd appreciate any help or insight into what's going on here. For the
moment, I'm still using 2.2.29 because the 2.3.X versions are totally
busted for me.

Thanks,
- Fred Silberberg
Re: Windows Hello Interference on 2.3.X [ In reply to ]
Hi GPG Mailing list, is there anything I can do to help someone look at
this issue?

Thanks,
- Fred Silberberg