cwr@cwr2019mbp passwds % pinentry
OK Pleased to meet you
cwr@cwr2019mbp passwds % uname -a
Darwin cwr2019mbp.local 20.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 20.5.0: Sat May 8 05:10:33 PDT 2021; root:xnu-7195.121.3~9/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

No homebrew or other package manager installed, just native XTools and the command line tools.

Suggestions?

Re: decryption failed: No pinentry [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Am Mon, 31 May 2021 07:59:35 +0200 schrieb Christopher Richardson via
Gnupg-users:

> This is probably something very trivial, but Im building gpg for the
> first time since, apparently, 2013, according to my old binary. The build
> seems fine, but ...

a bit of a longshot, but if your pinintry is also as of 2013 there might
(might!) be incompatabilities with a modern gpg? The obvious thing would
be to also update pinentry, which is painless.

You can specify a pinentry program during the configure step when building
gpg. I haven't done this, and it still finds pinentry and works fine. I
could not spot that configure would do any other checks on pinentry on the
system (checking usability etc.). I don't have any pinentry defined in any
of my settings in .gnupg/ neither.

Regards
Andreas

Re: decryption failed: No pinentry [ In reply to ]
> On 31. 5. 2021, at 12:30, Andreas Mattheiss <please.post@publicly.invalid> wrote:
>
> Am Mon, 31 May 2021 07:59:35 +0200 schrieb Christopher Richardson via
> Gnupg-users:
>
>> This is probably something very trivial, but Im building gpg for the
>> first time since, apparently, 2013, according to my old binary. The build
>> seems fine, but ...
>>
> The obvious thing would be to also update pinentry, which is painless.

I should have mentioned this, but it was a new build of pinentry, too. However, since the README said that pinentry wasn’t required for the build, I built it after I build gpg. Sadly ...

> You can specify a pinentry program during the configure step when building
> gpg.

I tried both make distclean and rebuilding gpg, and the same thing with

./configure --with-pinentry-pgm=`which pinentry`

But no love.

Any other ideas?