Mailing List Archive

After upgrading to gpg4win 3.3.15 Kleopatra fails to come up
Hello,
I have an existing gpg4win 3.1.14 install which I want to upgrade to gpg4win 3.1.15.
I tried to install gpg4win 3.1.15 over the existing gpgwin 3.1.14. The installation completed successfully and
[GnuPG] and [Gpg4Win] folders reflected the expected versions as shown below :
gnupg 2.2.27
gpg4win 3.1.15
Also I could run the gpg --list-keys to see the keys. And I could use gpg to encrypt/decrypt using the existing keys.

However when I tried to start Kleopatra from my desktop it didn't come up ! It gave me an error message window titled "Running as Administrator" with the following message :

<<<<
Kleopatra cannot be run as adminstrator without breaking file permissions in the GnuPG data folder.

To manage keys for others please manage them as a normal user and copy the 'AppData\Roaming\gnupg' directory with proper permissions.

Found this link https://www.reddit.com/r/GnuPG/comments/lelzjc/kleopatra_error_how_to_fix_it/ as per which there doesn't seem to be any resolution here for gpg4win 3.1.15 !
Kleopatra error, how to fix it? : GnuPG - reddit<https://www.reddit.com/r/GnuPG/comments/lelzjc/kleopatra_error_how_to_fix_it/>
I am looking for a key server that I can 1. Self host for only keys for me and my peers 2. is a automated (or easily manual) set up for linux (20.04/18.04) and 3. is not hard to import SSL/TLS.
www.reddit.com

We switched to gpg4win 3.1.15 in order to avail the security improvements, so going back to gpg4win 3.1.14 would be going backwards.

Appreciate any help in how to resolve this.
Thanks