assing to a shared single key pair.

Regards

Stefan

Re: [GnuPG 1.4.x] max. amount of UIDs [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:47, Stefan Vasilev said:

> for a privacy project I am working on I need the ability to use GnuPG 1.4.x

No you don't need 1.4 - it is obsolete and maionatined only to decrypt
existing data.

> for Windows and would like to know how many UIDs Alice and Bob can

There is some limit on the size of the keyblock (iirc 5 MiB) , but there
is no explicit limit on the number of user ids.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: [GnuPG 1.4.x] max. amount of UIDs [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:47, Stefan Vasilev said:
>
>> for a privacy project I am working on I need the ability to use GnuPG 1.4.x
> No you don't need 1.4 - it is obsolete and maionatined only to decrypt
> existing data.

I am aware of that, but my thought was that the .exe and .dll from 1.4
can be used, for portability

reasons, in a Desktop folder and then one only needs to use the
--homedir parameter. I must

admit I have not tried yet, but if this is possible with the latest
version of gpg4win, that all its

required components can be installed and used with --homedir then there
is no need for 1.4.

>> for Windows and would like to know how many UIDs Alice and Bob can
> There is some limit on the size of the keyblock (iirc 5 MiB) , but there
> is no explicit limit on the number of user ids.

Thank you, I will then have to work out how much UIDs may fit in a keyblock.

Regards

Stefan