Luc D. -- ldore@mailc.net
GPG key id: 0xB8E5417BA3D88402
Proud supporter of the EFF, www.eff.org
Re: Kleopatra v3.1.5 isn't happy [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 05:44, Luc Dore said:

> anymore.  I have this popup at startup about Kleopatra running as an admin:

You should never ever run programs as Admin on Windows (or as root under
Unix) if there is no need for it. For an application GUI tool there is
a never such a need - install it as admin but use it with a regualr user
account.

If you run gnupg on the command line as Admin, gnupg may create files
which it can later, running as the regular user, not read or write
again.

Gpg4win mereley added a warning to avoid such pitfalls.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Kleopatra v3.1.5 isn't happy [ In reply to ]
HI Werner,

You should never ever run programs as Admin on Windows

-> I'm not running the program as admin,  I'm running it as my regular
user, but it is part of the administrators group.

Gpg4win merely added a warning to avoid such pitfalls

-> That's the problem Werner, once you "OK" this window Kleopatra does
/not/ launch.  I had to revert back to 3.0.14 to be able to use
Kleopatra again.